Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm Update v2.01 Available

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Andrew Loveridge

Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm Update v2.01 Available

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello All,

Matrix Games and On Target Simulations are proud to announce an update for Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm! It is available now through the update links of the game, or can be downloaded here.

NOTICE from the Devs - Apparently the fix for PBEM/PBEM++ is still not working right and we have a couple players with errors. If your games are still not working, please post what error you are seeing in the Tech Support Area. This will be our #1 priority to hotfix! Sorry for the continued issues. We are having trouble reproducing the bug with our systems but we are working on it.

Change History:
v2.01 – October 21, 2013
    New Features and Improvements[/b] [ul]
  • By popular demand the mouse wheel now can be used to zoom the map. If you don’t like that it zooms in when you think it should zoom out then just can flip the checkbox in User Settings / General under “Mouse wheel rolled forward zooms map out”. The allowed zoom range has been extended to go from 25% to 250%. Note: When you make a change the label stating the current zoom level will turn to red until the game has time to actually redraw the map at which time the text in the label will change back to black. The time it takes can vary depending on what else the game is doing at the moment but it will catch up again as soon as it can.
  • The User Settings / Scrolling and Sound tab had too brief a set of labels describing some of the values that could be set. We have added Windows hints over the various controls to help explain what they are for.
  • A new menu item has been created to enable user modified silhouettes. Silhouette images are embedded directly into the scenario files and not read from disk when a game is loaded. It is now possible to force a reload of these images with the menu item “View / Refresh subunit images from disk”. This will force a refresh of all the subunit images in play from the images currently available. If these images happen to be mods then they will be used for the duration of the current game. This process will not change the images embedded in the scenario file.
  • The Map Editor displayed the road net for a map but did not actually allow the player to manually edit the road net. This has been enabled.
Bug Fixes
  • The Game Setup Options (fog of war, browsing enemy units, etc.) always started each new game as fully checked. Now the option settings will be remembered and the previous ones used by default for the next new game.
  • The scenario named “NM_AS 11 Bravo.scn” has been renamed to “NM_AS12 Bravo.scn” because that is what the unit in question was really called.
  • The Subunit Inspector panel would sometimes hide under the main map and not return as expected. It will now stay on top of the map until it is explicitly closed by the player.
  • The game was not saving scenarios properly when the local Windows data and number format setting varied from standard North American. Our apologies and this has now been fixed.
  • The Main Theme.wav file was re-mastered to a standard bit rate. The original bit rate caused computers with older audio codecs to throw an error. Thanks to VPaulus for helping us find this one.
  • If the font size of the computer was not set to exactly 100% (96 DPI) or 125% (120 DPI) then the Scenario Editor screen would not be drawn properly or even at all.
  • The program no longer needs to run with administrator privileges on the computer it is installed on to pass the serial number check.
  • When a game against the computer opponent ended the Command Notebook was not then unlocked to allow the player to browse the computer player tabs. This now works as expected.
  • Ctrl-V (Show / Hide all victory points) worked until turn resolution started at which time the game would start to redraw the hidden victory point locations back in. They now stay fully hidden until such time as the player uses Ctrl-V to show them again.
  • When jumping from a game back into the scenario editor, the scenario editor would often show large black borders to the right and bottom of the game map. This was found and fixed.
  • When a unit name was changed in the scenario editor it would not also update the counter and other information displays with the new name. Now it does.
  • If a new player insignia was chosen before any combat units were chosen for a side then a “division by zero” error was generated. Yes, this got past us and all of our hard-working beta testers. Sorry.
  • A routine to go and flash a hex three times to draw attention to it – for example, to highlight a victory location or an impending artillery strike – was broken and running too quickly to be of much use. It has been slowed down and is now working much better.
  • Setting the general game delay factor can be done in three different places with, as it turns out, three different sets of constraints. They have now been aligned and thanks to CaptHowdy for pointing this out.
  • A data bug in the West German data file for the Divisional Recce Battalion causing a crash.
  • Several of the British insignia’s had unexpected transparent pixels in them.
New Scenarios
  • Mad Russian has contributed a new short Soviet scenario: “WS_AS Purple One 3.scn”
  • An unlocked copy of Cap’n Darwin’s tutorial scenario has been included for your editing pleasure. Look for the file “Open – Tutorial Scenario.scn” in the \Scenarios directory.
[/ul]
wodin

RE: Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm Update v2.01 Available

Post by wodin »

Link doesn't work.

Edit: Working now!
kipanderson

Post by kipanderson »

Hi,

Update worked fine... thanks...

Now... just to show how wildly grateful customers are...[;)] Modding Manual[:)]?

I know what you are thinking.... ******* customers are way too demanding...[:D]

Thanks..

All the best,
Kip.

MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

the check update function in the 'gamestart-menu' works also ... just tested[:)]
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

Updated OK & fast.

Thanks to the Matrix and FCRS guys for a painless upgrade system !![;)]

Starting MR`s new scenario. Thanks for that too.
“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I'm behind on the modding guides with all of the extra effort in the support and 2.01 fixes. I'm going to package up the templates and map art tonight and try to get the first volume of the guide out the door Saturday. That one covers the Maps, Scenarios and Campaigns. Most of which is already on the site from the work Mad Russian did for tutorials. Volume 2 will have data, art, and sound editing info. Sadly only so many hours in the day.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
wodin

Post by wodin »

Still not seeing a flashing hex to inform me of where the arty strike is going to hit...

Also the FSCC option was ticked..but I then had to set it in game under the "game" tab....I wondered why my art wasn't firing..this has happened twice now.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Flashing hex both was and wasn't working apparently. Just tested a fix during the resolution phase and it is now flashing the hex with arty, air and other functions. It will be in the hot-fix when we get the PBEM localization fiasco sorted out.

My FSCC function is working in both the menu and the notebook tab. Can you get a screen with the menu open with the FS tab up to show them un-synced.

Thanks.

SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Just installed the update, thanks! Love it. But now when I select a unit, the OB tab for the corresponding unit doesn't highlight in blue anymore - it's white which makes it harder to pick out. Is this a part of the update or can I change it?
wodin

Post by wodin »

If it happens again I will do mate.
wodin

Post by wodin »

You might be able to change that colour in the game options..as I've seen many colour options to do with the UI. Will check myself as I want it a colour other than white.
ORIGINAL: CLEVELAND

Just installed the update, thanks! Love it. But now when I select a unit the OB tab the corresponding unit doesn't highlight in blue anymore - it's white which makes it harder to pick out. Is this a part of the update or can I change it?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Can you guys screen shot this color issue in the OB?

baldbrother

Post by baldbrother »

Unfortunately - for me at least - the F6 does not access the information panel, neither does the menu link or clicking on the icon at the bottom of the screen. It worked once and then stopped. Tried it in both a saved scenario and and a new game.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Just rebooted and it's blue again..if it goes white again will post a screenshot.

Also started a new scenario and again FSSC is set in game option but not ticked under the game tab. Impossible to show this at the same time but here are two screenshots.. If I played the game now FSCC wouldn't work.

Edit have to post a screenshot here and then in next post
ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Can you guys screen shot this color issue in the OB?

Attachments
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (401.79 KiB) Viewed 456 times
wodin

Post by wodin »

This is the other screenshot showing the FSCC option problem.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (353.87 KiB) Viewed 456 times
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

here's a screen of the OB panel, color changed after update

Attachments
WL_3rd Red..r Slam 1.jpg
WL_3rd Red..r Slam 1.jpg (314.15 KiB) Viewed 480 times
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

baldbrother, can you get us a dxdiag file so we can see your system specs.

Thanks.

baldbrother

Post by baldbrother »

Here it is.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(69.28 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Sweet, bought the game yesterday as a birthday present to myself and get a patch for it already on the next day. [:)] Two scenarios in and loving this game.
AlexanderMaltsev

Post by AlexanderMaltsev »

Thanks for update. A time to dance [:)]

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”