North Georgia Airshow pics

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jcjordan

North Georgia Airshow pics

Post by jcjordan »

Here's a few pics of airshow in Rome Ga I went to last weekend & enjoyed 2 of my favorite things - bbq & planes. Some pics didn't come out due to my basic digital camera or the sun washing them out due to only way to get pic was into the sun

As the sun rises before the airfield comes to life -
Thanks US Congress they had to get a Canadian F18 to come instead of normal USN contingent
Some of the a/c that flew later on in the airshow but were lined off so no close shots available
C-54 that you could walk up into but I never got the chance to later on
A couple of the aerobatic teams of AT6 Texans & L39 jets
OV-1 Mohawk
Tora Tora Tora AT6 Texan

jcjordan

RE: North Georgia Airshow pics

Post by jcjordan »

Well off to judge the bbq contest. It's a tough job but somebody has to judge it. If you know the show, BBQ Crawl on Travel Channel was there taping that weekend & I got to meet BBQ Diva from Canada (she fed the Canadian F18 crew). All the food turned in was good!!!

After judging so off to walk off all the calories & see the show

I think this is a pair of CJ-6 that I didn't get a pic of the team but there was a CJ-6 that I did get a pic of later on
F4U Corsair - IIRC story was that this was crashed & oringal guy was killed in the wreck & son held it for some time before being convinced to repair to to fly again & son is pilot now
P51 takes off then forms up w/ Corsair
This little Cub was doing some remarkable aerobatics during the bbq judging so all the pics I got were these afterwords
AT6 Texan Group startup
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

I had a long night/day so I left about the time that the Texans were getting started flying so probably missed the L39 team flying
tanksone

Post by tanksone »

Hi, nice pics...thanks for sharing.

Ddog

Post by Ddog »

Hey!  Great Pics!!!  But the plane marked as the OV-10 Bronco is actually an OV-1 Mohawk. 

Again, thanks for sharing!!!!
I'd rather be lucky than good.

drw61

Post by drw61 »

Thanks for posting the pictures!
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

ORIGINAL: Ddog

Hey!  Great Pics!!!  But the plane marked as the OV-10 Bronco is actually an OV-1 Mohawk. 

Again, thanks for sharing!!!!

Correct, I always get the 2 mixed up. The Bronco is tandem seating along w/ a different tail setup (more like the P61 or P38)

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”