As 3 Herd

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Gratch1111

As 3 Herd

Post by Gratch1111 »

Why make a scenario with helicopters and then u dont get any AA or SAM?
TigerTC

RE: As 3 Herd

Post by TigerTC »

ORIGINAL: Gratch11

Why make a scenario with helicopters and then u dont get any AA or SAM?

The enemy gets a vote.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

I use my Apaches as AD. In this case, the AD units didn't arrive in time to be in support.

My scenarios are rarely the 'classic' matchups. Where you find T-80's you won't always find M1A1's, there won't always be infantry available, pieces of the puzzle are often MIA and you have to make due. This is what a commander on the ground has to deal with.

I try very hard to get a 'boots on the ground' aspect to my scenarios. It's why the briefings are written the way they are. It's why the scenarios are always a bit odd. It's why you will find the odd equipment or situation to deal with. And sometimes you deal with a lack of equipment.

It's all good. [8D]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
dougb

Post by dougb »

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

I use my Apaches as AD. In this case, the AD units didn't arrive in time to be in support.

My scenarios are rarely the 'classic' matchups. Where you find T-80's you won't always find M1A1's, there won't always be infantry available, pieces of the puzzle are often MIA and you have to make due. This is what a commander on the ground has to deal with.

I try very hard to get a 'boots on the ground' aspect to my scenarios. It's why the briefings are written the way they are. It's why the scenarios are always a bit odd. It's why you will find the odd equipment or situation to deal with. And sometimes you deal with a lack of equipment.

It's all good. [8D]

Good Hunting.

MR

It's one of the things that make the scenarios so fun, challenging, and immersive. I don't find the scenarios odd because their setup is entirely consistent with the scenario upon which the war is commenced. Similar in some respects to the fighting around Bastogne in WWII in which pretty much everything that could be pulled together at short notice was thrown in. A lot of stuff that was desirable simply wasn't immediately available.

Doug
Gratch1111

Post by Gratch1111 »

I could live with that if my AH-64s would actually fire at the enemy

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”