ASW 101

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

tommo8993

ASW 101

Post by tommo8993 »

Ive never played harpoon, so the control were a bit of leap. I feel i have got the grasp of them, however, how do i get helicopters (or planes) to do ASW searches.

(un related)
also how do i get planes to auto attack other planes, f1 doesn't seem to work for me, it doesn't do anything.
MaB1708

RE: ASW 101

Post by MaB1708 »

To set up ASW patrols define an area using reference points. Create a mission "Patrol/ ASW" and assign the vessels and/or helis and/or aircraft to that mission.
We have learned these days that this - if I remember correctly - is the only way for ASW-helis to make them use their dipping sonar, you will - for now - not be able to deploy it manually.

F1: Select a unit or a group you want to use to carry out the attack. Press F1. Select the potential targets by dragging a rectangle around them (while holding left-mouse button down) or select one or multiple targets by left-clicking on them (with shift hold).

From the manual:
Engage Target(s) Auto: This function will order the selected unit
or group to attack a designated target or group of targets. After
selecting this function designate a target by clicking on a target or
drag selecting one or more. The firing unit or group will then move
to get within the firing parameters of the weapon to be used. If there
is more than one weapon the unit will work from longest ranged
weapon to shortest. You can also call on this function using the F1
hotkey or from the Unit Orders drop down menu.
CoffeeMug

RE: ASW 101

Post by CoffeeMug »

Attack: sometimes I forget to activate radar on the aircraft and they wont attack. Making it active usually helps.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”