WMD scenario? #spoiler alert#

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

wodin

WMD scenario? #spoiler alert#

Post by wodin »

Anyone know a scenario with either Chemical or WMD's in?

Someone mentioned one but can't remember what it was.

Thanks
Erik Rutins

RE: WMD scenario? #spoiler alert#

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thor's Hammer. [8D]
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Thanks Erik...should have guessed that;)
wodin

Post by wodin »

Made alot of mistakes..wasted my Nukes and lost the scenario only 12mins left on the clock when I fell below 30%..ended up with a contested outcome..and I was killed by a terrible airstrike. Losing my air defense and Arty near the start really didn't help. I was so excited when I got the Nukes I didn't use them to the best..should have held onto one closer to the end for more obvious juicy targets..I think if I had I'd have taken him below 30%. Seems the Russians won the war.

Oh and I'd also unticked the auto FSS option..didn't realise until halfway through..by then my SP Arty was well gone and I just had three mortar units left...

Still great fun.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

That scenario tested my patience. It was the last one to be finished and I worked on it for months.

Glad to see that just because you get two battlefield nuclear weapons, it's not a guarantee of victory. I had one of my friends comment on this scenario when I was telling them of creating it that, "You fire the nukes and you win." Not so fast. As you found you can still lose with them on your side.

I will say they are fun to fire though and hard to hold in reserve once you have them because I'm absolutely sure that if I just fire them now I can win!!!!!

Too bad it doesn't work that way. [&o]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Was a great scenario..real tough battle..First time where the casualties of each side where not one sided..i.e the Russians didn't loose huge amount of troops compared to the Allied force. That was with two nukes..one wasted on though.
british exil

Post by british exil »

Wodin "Strike First" has chemicals in it. Mean piece of work, I'd love to say more but every player should find out for himself.

Try it.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
wodin

Post by wodin »

OK thanks mate!

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”