Three years later, still going strong

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

all5n

Three years later, still going strong

Post by all5n »

I can't seem to get tired of this game.

With the updates that Vic keeps putting out, and the mods that other interested parties make (thanks lancer), it just keeps getting better.

Also, thanks to the other players that make the games interesting (mean, roy, etc.) and challenging.

Speaking of which, I want to try a large format single city start game (6 players) again, but this time i think i will moderate (i.e. not participate in the game). In the past these have fallen apart as people quit, so my goal here as a 3rd party will be to keep the game moving and to find replacement players if someone punks out without surrendering.

I will try to get that set up this afternoon, with a thread in the opponents wanted section.

-allan
Tac2i

RE: Three years later, still going strong

Post by Tac2i »

Roger that! I too never tire of this game. Counting the original AT I've been playing this game since 2008, both solitaire and multiplayer. Vic continues to add new systems and enhancements and, as mentioned, Lancer did a phenomenal job with his Enhanced Mod Suite. For me, the random game creation engine is the heart of this great title. So looking forward to Vic's third edition of this game. Don't know when that will be but hopefully next year will see it get started.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

I think I have put more miles on this game than any other Matrix title except WITP and TOAW. So many things you can do with it. I loved the original Bombur Mod
and all the alternate graphix it had. I am so jealous of those who have made cool alternate graphics for the unit types and displays and keep them to themselves.
I really would like to see some 19th century and earliest 20th century mods and I never play without the ERM if I can avoid it. I love to build a country and it's
infrastructure from scratch and then fight!!
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Josh

Post by Josh »

Same here gents. Played it since it was released and never stopped. Only game since CIV III that I never stopped playing. As said above every addition and patch and what not Vic introduced prolonged gameplay, made it even more enjoyable.

[&o]
Rander

Post by Rander »

Speaking of which, I want to try a large format single city start game (6 players) again, but this time i think i will moderate (i.e. not participate in the game). In the past these have fallen apart as people quit, so my goal here as a 3rd party will be to keep the game moving and to find replacement players if someone punks out without surrendering.

I will try to get that set up this afternoon, with a thread in the opponents wanted section.

-allan
Interested! [:)]

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”