Is it really this difficult/tedious?

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Funnydawg

Is it really this difficult/tedious?

Post by Funnydawg »

I know I can import airports for a given country in Scenario Editor. But those airports come without planes. If I add the planes one by one they come armed but not landed.
If I go into EDITOR ---> EDIT AC I can add several planes at once, but none of them are armed. Even if I could go in and add platforms and weapons it would take forever with each plane. And it doesnt work, that is the stores always shows up as zero anyways, even after adding.

Is there some simple way to add fully armed and fueled aircraft to a given airport or carrier and have it landed there or is the scenario editor really this unusable?
Thanks
mikeCK

RE: Is it really this difficult/tedious?

Post by mikeCK »

Yes.it is. But I'm not sure there is another way.

What I am struggling with is AI. For example, i give the AI Russians a naval airbase chock full of armed Tu-22s. Now I can assign a ASW mission to have them attack the US fleet. But what happens after...will the AI order new strikes or do I have to use events/triggers/ inactive missions to set up attacks the throughout the scenario? I want the AI to say "hey, I better rearm and send out another strike...but from what I understand, the AI will do nothing unless the scenario creator told it to
jomni

Post by jomni »

Ai side units are stuck with one mission. You have the option to turn it on or off. But still, just one mission. Designers need to be a bit more creative.

For strike missions, keep the target list blank, they will attack any hostile (depending on ROE) ship (if ASuW) they detect. They will land and rearm and fly out and attack once ready.

If you put units on a target list, they will only attack those units when detected.
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

ORIGINAL: Funnydawg

I know I can import airports for a given country in Scenario Editor. But those airports come without planes. If I add the planes one by one they come armed but not landed.
If I go into EDITOR ---> EDIT AC I can add several planes at once, but none of them are armed. Even if I could go in and add platforms and weapons it would take forever with each plane. And it doesnt work, that is the stores always shows up as zero anyways, even after adding.

Is there some simple way to add fully armed and fueled aircraft to a given airport or carrier and have it landed there or is the scenario editor really this unusable?
Thanks

Funnydawg

When you create an air unit in the air - i.e. not at a base, you can use the 'c' key to copy it and you can quickly place a bunch of them. You just have to check where there home base is - the computer seems to pick the one furthest away!

On a base, once you add your AC, make sure you add munitions to your magazines. There is a check box in that menu that lists only the ones available for the AC at the base so:
1-add the AC
2-add the munitions
3-ready the AC
4- you can also set the time for them to be ready

hope this helps

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

One thing that is not easy, is creating a scenario. The plot, which countries, which units reflect the given year, placing units, filling magazines(adjusted to what restrictions the author wants to impose), aircraft and ship's missions that make sense, victory conditions, not to mention the awesome event editor and if you really want to get into it, specific aircraft squadrons, specific SAG compositions, where does country x's 1500+(or whatever number) mobile units should go, what kind of ew radar is that on ge, and the list goes on. The number of things that a scenario author does can be tremendous.

Gunner's tips will get you started. And once you get into it a little more, you'll start to get a great appreciation for those that write scenarios.
George Patton

Post by George Patton »

ORIGINAL: Rudd

Gunner's tips will get you started.

Where can we find it?
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

2-3 posts above.

The "Scenario Editing Template/Checklist" on 119 in the manual is a good place also.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Beginning with the next public build, you'll have a new realism option for unlimited aircraft loadouts.
Bedrock

Post by Bedrock »

That sounds great! Hat's off to the scenario builders. I know with time there will be a great selection and variety of theater scenarios that will keep everyone busy!

As far as being difficult and tedious, I'd dare say that there are those out there that are more interested in building and creating scenarios than actually playing the game!

"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The Leader adjusts the sails." -John Maxwell
Stevechase

Post by Stevechase »

ORIGINAL: jomni

Ai side units are stuck with one mission. You have the option to turn it on or off. But still, just one mission. Designers need to be a bit more creative.

For strike missions, keep the target list blank, they will attack any hostile (depending on ROE) ship (if ASuW) they detect. They will land and rearm and fly out and attack once ready.

If you put units on a target list, they will only attack those units when detected.
I am a little confused are you saying only one "type" of mission eg strike: meaning the one strike mission will repeat through the duration with the planes rearming and relaunching as long as the strikes targets are detected? or are you saying only one strike mission as in after the first strike mission no rearm or relaunch thats it?

Edit: Just setup a scen to test so I see what you mean now. The mission you set repeats throughout the duration of the scenario as long as the strikes targets are detected

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”