what am i doing wrong?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Phoenix100

what am i doing wrong?

Post by Phoenix100 »

Can anyone help? I'm playing through From the Meuse to the Rhine, stock, to see what happens if I use more frugal supply and expenditure settings (am posting as a little AAR). I'm up to midnight day 1 and I've had no 100% interdiction messages yet, but a handful of partial interdiction messages. So to check what jeeps I've lost I go to the scenmaker and under each base tab I verify the starting number of jeeps (under the strength tab). This is the result:
82AB base - 27 jeeps (and 60 motorbikes - that's what it says - so 87 vehicles in total)
504 - 22 jeeps
505 21 jeeps
508 22 jeeps
1AB Div base - 41 jeeps
1 para Bd - 31 jeeps
1AL - 33 jeeps

Imagine my surprise when I go to my scenario and check the position at midnight day 1
82AB base - 110 vehicles
504 - 27 jeeps
505 - 24 jeeps
508 - 21 jeeps
1AB div base - 50 jeeps
1 para Bd - 35 jeeps
1AL - 38 jeeps

With the exception of the 508, who have lost a jeep, everyone else seems to have gained vehicles, some in massive numbers!!

What am I doing wrong?
Phoenix100

RE: what am i doing wrong?

Post by Phoenix100 »

Here's a pic of the scenmaker tab for 82 AB base

Attachments
82ABoriginal.gif
82ABoriginal.gif (23.66 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

And the tab in game for the DEP - see the 101 vehicle count
Attachments
82abday12.gif
82abday12.gif (67.39 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Plus the E&S. Total is 110 vehicles, no? Instead of 87 shown in the original scenmaker strength. ??????

Attachments
82ABday1a.gif
82ABday1a.gif (61.08 KiB) Viewed 214 times
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

That is interesting... have never seen this happen.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

I guess extra vehicles didn't appear. they must have been there from the start. More than were in the file, apparently, when I opened it in scenmaker. Odd. But it doesn't stop me losing them!
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

It must be linked to all the adjustment you have been doing I would have thought?
I'm not very experienced with the estabs though so can't help you out with it, sorry.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Might be linked, though can't see how - I've only been using the scenmaker, not the estab editor. But you could try - if you have time - opening in scenmaker 82AB base (for example)for the From the Meuse to the Rhine scenario and counting their vehicles. Then run the scenario full speed(no need for orders) until 82 AB base drops and count their vehicles. See if you have a diff. For me scenmaker says 87 vehicles and when the base lands in the game it has 110. Takes a minute or so to test this and I'd very much appreciate it, to see if somehow my copy is corrupted!
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

Mine uses the "up-strength" base- 88 motorcycles, 52 jeeps. Still have the same amount when they land, while I would have expected some losses actually in the landing.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Thanks Navwarcol. That's with your estab though. Anyone volunteer to test it with the stock estab?
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

There has always been a similar glitch with the equipment count between the SM and the game. You should notice it in almost every unit. This one looks more than usual though, so we can take a look at it when Arjuna finishes his contract work and other business.

I found a bug that effects resupply in the bigger scenarios that needs fixing as well. Some bases will try to draw from SEP's that are active yet have 0% priority so nothing gets pulled in for several days. I noticed it when some brigades of XXX Corps started running out of supply in the last few days of the big HTTR scenario.
simovitch

Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Cheers, Simovitch. And well done to spot the other one. Arjuna is working elsewhere, then? I had thought he was recuperating (from the hand op). Nice he has work, anyway!! Any idea when he will be back at this?
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

I know he has contracts with the Australian Army as well... glad he is feeling better and beginning to roll again!
wodin

Post by wodin »

Dave has to make money somewhere and contract work is where it's at..this is more a hobby and is funded through contract work. The amount you can make through military contracts compared to games is massive. The benefit to us though is that some of he work helps with the commercial wargames.

John Tiller, Dave and I know Battlefront either work with the Military or are chasing Military contracts..

ORIGINAL: phoenix

Cheers, Simovitch. And well done to spot the other one. Arjuna is working elsewhere, then? I had thought he was recuperating (from the hand op). Nice he has work, anyway!! Any idea when he will be back at this?
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

John Tiller, Dave and I know Battlefront either work with the Military or are chasing Military contracts..

Lost me there, Jason. Clarify?
wodin

Post by wodin »

They all do work for the Military, sometimes they finish a contract and then have to wait for the next one. I presume they have to bid for them but once you get a foot in I expect you'll be set. I know Battlefront would jump at the chance for a military contract aswell. Not sure if they have had one yet since I last spoke tto them about it. It really is where the money is and is how John Tiller and I presume Dave has managed to keep developing and pay the bills.

Return to “Tech Support”