AI won't Attack

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

ogre

AI won't Attack

Post by ogre »

I have noticed on rare occasions where the AI will surround an enemy city defended by infantry and then....do nothing the rest of the game. The one city will tie up multiple units. In one of my recent games (standalone Overlord), this happened and tied up the following:

11 Allied tanks.
8 Allied infantry units.
3 Allied artillery units.

It's almost as if the AI computes the odds of an attack, determines the odds are poor, and decides not to attack. The ability to whittle away entrenchment with low odd attacks (or, even better, artillery or air strikes) doesn't seem to factor in the equation. In my example above, the three artillery units never fired. And the AI didn't attempt to swap out units (tanks) with low success against entrenched infantry in a city with units (infantry) better suited to attack. In the example, tanks were in the six adjacent hexes and the infantry were in the outer rings.

Again, I haven't seen this happen very often. But when it does happen, it pretty much ends any challenge to the scenario.

Edit: If I attack with the surrounded infantry (a strategic and tactical error), and get the entrenchment level or unit level lower, the AI will eventually initiate an attack.
VPaulus

RE: AI won't Attack

Post by VPaulus »

Could you please post your issue, in the Slitherine forum? Panzer Corps forum is more active over there:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=121

Return to “Tech Support”