Lost my notes ( RA 4.6)

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

CyrusSpitama

Lost my notes ( RA 4.6)

Post by CyrusSpitama »

Howdy everyone! I chose to restart my game after many months of not playing. Very difficult to pick up where you left off when you lose your notes pertaining to your old game :P

I upgraded to RA 4.6 (modded for babes) as this version seems to have a handful of Babes changes but not all of them. This brings up a handful of questions that may or may not apply to this version of Reluctant Admiral.

Anyone recommend any additional changes, like AI files for example, to help with the game? ( I do have the most recent beta) I have already started the game and I do realize AI changes may not help... unless I start over... again. BTW- currently on Dec. 11 so restart is not entirely out of order. 1st and 2nd turn combined took me the better part of 8 hours refamiliarizing myself with production.

Chitose and Chiyoda: These two ships must still be upgraded at Tokyo only and I assume the planes upgrade as well?

Mizuho: I assume this can be upgraded anywhere and the planes do not upgrade.

One issue I had recurring with prior attempts was Harbin and the surrounding factories and refineries were running out of material. Fuel I think was the biggest issue. Does setting stockpile for fuel on these bases resolve this? I wouldn't mind a tip on best usage of stockpiling...

Edit: Additional question: If I am short on navy shipyard points, how does the game decide which ships get navy points first? I am assuming accelerated carriers get these points first.

That's it for now and I do hope to return to my planned series of, "I did that!" regarding ship conversions (and other topics).
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke
John 3rd

RE: Lost my notes ( RA 4.6)

Post by John 3rd »

Cyprus:

Answers/Comments to Questions:
1. RA 4.6 is quite a while ago. We're now on 6.2.
2. The 4.0 was the time we shifted over to a combo of DBB and Standard Scen 1. The newest fully works in the reduced cargo and comes directly from DaBabes.
3. The CS all convert early and still are hard-coded to have this happen in Tokyo.
4. Manchuria is harder to keep supplied due to the increased manufacturing there and in Korea. Once the synthetic fuel plant gets fully repaired in Ansaan (Sp?) you tend to have just barely enough.
5. You start with a Naval Shipyard deficit in RA. TOO much to build. Too many toys. You have to make decisions as to what you value and want first. Once the 1942 stuff is done then life gets easier (Junyo, Hiyo, Yamato, and the 2 CVLs for example).

Hope that helps.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
CyrusSpitama

Post by CyrusSpitama »

Thanks for the speedy reply and it helps very much John. :)

I saw the more recent updates and chose to not go for them just yet. My intent is to have a game play on much further before I consider those changes I saw listed for the newer RA.

As for point 4: Does usage of the stockpile function help with this any? To be honest, I only briefly messed with the standard game before diving right into RA. My previous attempts were both in RA 2.0 as I recall. Because of this, I never realized there was a big difference between stock and your scenario.

As for point 5: Does the game decide at random which ships get the points first or do the accelerated ships get them first? This will help me decide whether to/how much to upgrade my navy sy.

Some do's and don'ts of stockpiling would be a good thing to request at this time :)
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Point 4: You could try to stockpile. I've never found it to be a HUGE help. Michael might know better. Michael?

Point 5: I am fairly certain the AI works to find a way to REALLY screw things up!

I'm decently started into 6.0 now and really like the change but am leery with all the Allied additions. The combination of reduced cargo capacity and increased threat is making me a bit more cautious.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
CyrusSpitama

Post by CyrusSpitama »

Thanks again John! As for your comment on navy sy point allocation... lol ! Maybe Michael will notice the thread and comment.

Your final comment is exactly why I didnt jump into latest and greatest RA. RA gives Japan a better chance to endure the eventual Allied juggernaut. Are some of the things given too much? I cannot say as of yet but I have yet to complete a game. Giving the Allied side gifts seems to just add extra icing on their already well iced cake. They just have to wait a while before getting to eat some :P

As a final aside, I typically play the Japanese side on my Pacific based games. Not entirely sure why... Perhaps because we all know the eventual outcome? I am a huge fan of alternate history fiction( as well as actual history) so that says something I think.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”