Just finished my first proper scenario..

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

wodin

Just finished my first proper scenario..

Post by wodin »

Just got a Tactical Success (69%) playing the Pied Piper scenario...tough fight. As NATO both this and the tutorial felt desperate, fighting a mass of troops..and to be honest sudden death has saved me from absolute defeat I think.

One possible bug was that my HQ 4th Pz Bde unit seemed to be getting the credit for tank kills that it's subordinates got. As it needed with 28 tanks,7 APC, 1 Recce, 2Inf and 3 HQ to it's credit..which I'm sure it never got.

Great fun..love it.

Also would be great if you could give an assault move with a hold ground at the end of it..I know something like this is already in the wish list.
wodin

RE: Just finished my first proper scenario..

Post by wodin »

Oh bu''er..so I see I didn't do aswell as I thought I had...after checking the piper AAR..still great fun. I also noticed in his AAR his HQ unit has alot of kills aswell.
CptHowdy

Post by CptHowdy »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Just got a Tactical Success (69%) playing the Pied Piper scenario...tough fight. As NATO both this and the tutorial felt desperate, fighting a mass of troops..and to be honest sudden death has saved me from absolute defeat I think.

One possible bug was that my HQ 4th Pz Bde unit seemed to be getting the credit for tank kills that it's subordinates got. As it needed with 28 tanks,7 APC, 1 Recce, 2Inf and 3 HQ to it's credit..which I'm sure it never got.

Great fun..love it.

Also would be great if you could give an assault move with a hold ground at the end of it..I know something like this is already in the wish list.
units are supposed to go into hold stance after assaulting.

Assault– This is a formal attack order and is used when heavy opposition
is expected. All vehicles are deployed in combat formation and fully
prepared for combat. Average speed is kept relatively high to minimize
time in the danger zone but reducing the effective use of cover along
the way. This is the only order where a unit will voluntarily move into
a location already occupied by the enemy. The unit will switch to Hold
when it arrives in the final movement waypoint.
wodin

Post by wodin »

OK cool..it does that anyway..thanks!
CptHowdy

Post by CptHowdy »

assault is the only order where they will do that. I believe people are asking for a hold order after moving-hasty or moving-deliberate and I think they will have that eventually just not in the first update!
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: wodin

The main HQ gets credit for all mine kills. That's not a bug. Just a way to keep the accounting clean.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
wodin

Post by wodin »

OK cool..this is where it would be handy if we where told what actual weapon of a unit killed a particular foe.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”