Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Dimitris

Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Post by Dimitris »

Updated image & description packs for the DB3000 and CWDB databases are now available on our Command Downloads page:
http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

For users that prefer line drawings, Papa_Hausser's US Aircraft Line Drawings package is included in this download as a separate file. Simply extract the images and place them in the DB3000 folder. They will overwrite any existing images.

We recommend that you simply delete your existing image files and replace them with these packs, as the revised image files eliminate several errors in the images and naming conventions. These files also replace a few of the previous images with better quality or more accurate images, as well as adding additional Soviet, US and Chinese units.

If any user created files were missed, we apologize and will include them moving forward.

Steven's notes:

For users that prefer line drawings, Papa_Hausser's US Aircraft Line Drawings package is included in this download as a separate file.

Simply extract the images and place them in the DB 3000 folder. They will overwrite any existing images.

I recommend that you simply delete your existing DB 3000 image file and replace it with this file, as revised image file eliminates several errors in the images and naming conventions. This file also replaces a few of the previous images with better quality or more accurate images, as well as add adds additional Soviet, US and Chinese units.

I have tried to use only public domain or unknown domain images. To the extent possible, the sourcing and copyright restrictions is embedded in the files. The information can be viewed by selecting the file folder, then the "View" menu. Select "Choose Details" on the "View" menu and select the "Copyright" and "Description" boxes. Where no copyright information is noted, the images are in the public domain or it is unknown whether the images are public domain. Complete descriptions of the photos, including the underlying sources can be viewed by reading the "File Info" in Adobe Photoshop.

Credits: stormridersp, fab94, renders, alkiap, sstrong, RoyHarper, Runibl, bradinggs, CV60, Meroka37, conforoa, OldPascas, SilentHunter, snowburn, baskreuger, Henry Morgan, fool12342000, Papa_Hausse r, incredibletwo, apd1004, Dobey, Barny, Dobey

Big thanks to Steven Lohr (CV60) for painstakingly collecting, consolidating and normalizing all known image & description packs released!
chemkid

RE: Updated DB image packs are available!

Post by chemkid »

sneekyzeke

Post by sneekyzeke »

Excellent! Thanks to all who helped to compile this welcome addition to this fine game! [&o]
Blutch

Post by Blutch »

Would be cool if there was other download sites, I got 7 hours on Matrix's one.
SSN754planker

Post by SSN754planker »

Took me about an hour to download, but i LOVE this new pack! MUCH closer to being complete than before. TY to all who work on this.
MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
MirabelleBenou

Post by MirabelleBenou »

Many thanks to CV60 ! Amazing work from the start with all the images :)
BKLANDIN

Post by BKLANDIN »

Thank you. This sim is growing up very nicely.
MirabelleBenou

Post by MirabelleBenou »

Found some error in file names :

- aricraft_65.jpg instead of aircraft_65
- aiorcraft_2801.jpg instead of aircraft_2801
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Thanks. I'll fix those in the next update
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
bgeery

Post by bgeery »

After a quick look, here are a few errors and thoughts to help clean up the image archives.

DB3K:
Aicraft_107.jpg misspelled
Aicraft_1004.jpg misspelled
Ship553.jpg misspelled
At least one of the images is really a BMP file renamed to JPG. I have to track it down again.

A few general notes and suggestions:
Filenames should follow the same capitalization. Either pick all lower case, or capitalize the first letter. As most of the images already capitalize the first letter, I suggest that be the standard.

Images should be re-sized to match in width. I suggest 1290 as over 2K of the images already use that width. I've tested in some of the smaller images, and the image quality is still adequate after resizing IMO, at least until better images are found.

Before resizing, images should be cropped of extraneous portions of the image.

I'm willing to do most of this work myself.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Bgeery-That would be great if you were to take the CWDB images and work on them. PM me and we can work out the details with the developers
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

The files are now hosted on a shared Google Drive, to avoid Mediafire's troublesome CAPTCHA. Thanks everyone for the heads-up!
SWHodges22

Post by SWHodges22 »

All it does is take me to a screen to download a download manager. iLivid.
BKLANDIN

Post by BKLANDIN »

I just tried it and it worked. Maybe your pop-up blocker setting interfering?
Marder

Post by Marder »

already has the retail version pictures in the database?
CV60

Post by CV60 »

I believe retail version does not contain the photos, but does contain all the software and file structure you need to view the photos. You only have to download the photos separately from the website, and put them in the "/DB/Images/CWDB" or "/DB/Images/DB3000" folder
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Added updated DB3000 pack (Nov-1) provided by Steven/CV60.
henri51

Post by henri51 »

There is no CWDB folder, but there are a few CWDB files in the images folder. Should I destroy these files and create a CWDB folder?
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Your file structure should look like this. For the DB3000 images:

.../Command Modern Air Naval Operations/DB/Images/DB3000

For the CWDB images:

.../Command Modern Air Naval Operations/DB/Images/CWDB

Place all of the DB3000 images in the DB3000 folder, and all of the CWDB images in the CWDB folder.
albie86

Post by albie86 »

Massive Thumbs up to all your time and energy invested. I truly admire and respect what you do.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”