Not enough slots for support teams

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
emperor peter

Not enough slots for support teams

Post by emperor peter »

I'd like there to be more slots for those sweet support teams. Some BGs have lots of support available and just 2 slots.

It doesn't seem reasonable that if you just get a mortar and a mg, you can't have any bazookas, AT-guns or other stuff. And you always want at least one mortar and mg, right?

Bazookas and schrecks belong with the infantry squads too, I think. That would free up a slot but it would still not be a lot of support. I liked it more the way it was in LSA.
savage188

RE: Not enough slots for support teams

Post by savage188 »

If you know how to MOD the game then this question can be solved very easily...you can refer to the "how to mod" posts in this forum and i believe there are some very revealing details on how to accomplish this task..for instance you can change the number of men in a squad and also equip them with whatever type of weapons you want them to have..i stayed close to accuracy and added on man to each sides basic teams and usually for the americans i gave the rifle squad one bazooka and the BAR squad a rifle grenade since i usually use them at a distance..the german teams are pretty powerful already, however they are small and all i thought would make up for this was just add one man to their teams as well...basically the way this game is set up "if you know/learn how to mod" is so that you can make it into a very self pleasing game to play..you can customize just about anything in the game to your liking, so again i would advise you to look up these topics on modding and see if you can do it, if you cant find any posts that help you, you can reply back and ill try and teach you what i know so far..good luck man.
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

It would be ideal if we get to a consensus as to what to mod to make this game more enjoyable, specially in H2H and make that mod some sort of unofficial must-have to play H2H.

For starters, I agree with Mystic_Snake, infantry platoons should have a MG or AT team in them. And there's seems to be a lot of support units for too few support slots, I say we toned them down a fair bit.
Hard-core Spectre
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

i agree with mystic snake. i mentioned it in another post too. why take an MG if you have a tank instead to take??? not enough support slots.
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Maybe enable the unused slots of under-strength platoons to allow for individual requisition of support teams.
Hard-core Spectre
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

we need to voice our opinions for more support slots in the posts for the new CC game battle for caen or were going to end up with the same unplayible support options as PITF and its going to wreck the new game too...........i wish matrix would listen for a damn change!! frustrating.....

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”