Unit facing after moving next to enemy unit

Turn-based strategy/RPG game from Age of Games, a talented team from Italy.
FroBodine

Unit facing after moving next to enemy unit

Post by FroBodine »

I am really enjoying the game so far. Just played the first three missions of the first campaign. The maps are TINY. I sure hope they are all not like this, or I will be extremely disappointed.

My question - once I move one of my units next to an enemy unit (into their ZOC), I am unable to change their facing. How do you do this, or is it not possible when you move adjacent to an enemy? There are times when my unit moves adjacent to a unit, and they are facing in an unfavorable direction. I would like to correct their facing.

General suggestion about selecting facing - selecting unit facing is VERY cumbersome and not a very good UI. Having to click on a facing command way to the right of where your unit is, then move the mouse back to your unit to select your facing is too much work. Why can't you simply right-click on your unit, and select their facing. Much quicker and much less unnecessary mouse movement.

Fun game so far. I just REALLY hope the maps get bigger. These teeny ones are just silly.
ComradeP

RE: Unit facing after moving next to enemy unit

Post by ComradeP »

I haven't seen any truly large maps thus far after two campaign, they all fit in one screen. The number of units does increase, though, so I don't really mind as the better ones offer similar challenges to larger maps. The smaller map sizes also help the AI with maintaining a credible defensive line.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

ORIGINAL: jglazier

I am really enjoying the game so far. Just played the first three missions of the first campaign. The maps are TINY. I sure hope they are all not like this, or I will be extremely disappointed.

My question - once I move one of my units next to an enemy unit (into their ZOC), I am unable to change their facing. How do you do this, or is it not possible when you move adjacent to an enemy? There are times when my unit moves adjacent to a unit, and they are facing in an unfavorable direction. I would like to correct their facing.

General suggestion about selecting facing - selecting unit facing is VERY cumbersome and not a very good UI. Having to click on a facing command way to the right of where your unit is, then move the mouse back to your unit to select your facing is too much work. Why can't you simply right-click on your unit, and select their facing. Much quicker and much less unnecessary mouse movement.

Fun game so far. I just REALLY hope the maps get bigger. These teeny ones are just silly.

Hi jglazier

You can always change the facing of a unit after the movement but not after an attack.

Simply select the unit and click the button "Rotate" below its picture in the right column.

The first battles are like an introduction to the game, I'm sure you'll not be disappointed by the Maps in the next battles and campaigns ;)

Fabio Belsanti
Managing Director & Lead Designer
P.M.Studios & Age of Games
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Hmm, I thought I tried to change facing after moving adjacent to an enemy, before attacking. And the facing button was greyed out. I will try it again tonight and see if I just spaced out.

What about streamlining the change facing command as I suggested, or something similar. Is that on the list of changes, or do we just have to live with the clunky interface?

Thanks for the responses, guys!
FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

Hmm, I thought I tried to change facing after moving adjacent to an enemy, before attacking. And the facing button was greyed out. I will try it again tonight and see if I just spaced out.

What about streamlining the change facing command as I suggested, or something similar. Is that on the list of changes, or do we just have to live with the clunky interface?

Thanks for the responses, guys!

Yes, try again please, let us know if you continue to have this problem (it could be a bug).

Is not easy to use the right button in a game developed in flash, so probably (sorry) you have to continue to play with this system.
Fabio Belsanti
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

What about a hotkey. Press 'F' to select facing. Then the arrows come up and you select your facing.

Easy peasy.
FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

What about a hotkey. Press 'F' to select facing. Then the arrows come up and you select your facing.

Easy peasy.

Signed in the to do list, we'll see what we can do in the first patch ;)
Fabio Belsanti
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Thanks! This is really a pain when deploying your units at the start of battle. So much back and forth mouse movement. I really appreciate you considering this suggestion.

Return to “Fantasy Kommander – Eukarion Wars”