Headquarters and subordinates

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

nukkxx5058

Headquarters and subordinates

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Hi,
Just an idea : it would be nice if when clicking on a HQ unit all subordinated units were colored (for example with a frame of the color of the group) to identify them more easily on the main map.

In fact a system similar to the one in "War In The East" (if I remember well) would be perfect.

The current system is not bad but sometime it takes time to find all subordinate units on the map.
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
CptHowdy

RE: Headquarters and subordinates

Post by CptHowdy »

hmm I think clicking on the hq should bring all of its subordinates to the top of whatever stack they are currently in. it would make finding them even easier!
Mad Russian

RE: Headquarters and subordinates

Post by Mad Russian »

Normally I keep all the units in a formation close together. If not stacked together fairly close. If you don't they will suffer from not being in the command range.

Doing something to show where all the units in the formation are is a good idea.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”