Why, oh why won't you fly?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

guytipton41

Why, oh why won't you fly?

Post by guytipton41 »

Hi folks,

My honorable opponent Millersan has a issue at Nadi:

I was wondering if you knew anything about the air superiority thing. I put a Tojo group in Nadi, told them to sweep Suva hex. Been there for three turns and will not fly. I thought they might go in before the Betty strike that got destroyed but they just sit there. Moral is 99 and exp 55. Wonder if sweeps won't fly into places where enemy has air superiority or something??

The Nadi airfields are not damaged and he has decent supply there. I hypothesize that his sweepers aren't flying because I'm sweeping that base heavily and he is not flying CAP. What says the collective?

Cheers,
Guy

We're running the latest Beta, scenario 1 with PDU off.

Attachments
Nadi.jpg
Nadi.jpg (54.6 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Miller

RE: Why, oh why won't you fly?

Post by Miller »

What size is the airfield? If it is only a level 1 airfield no sweeps will fly. Only defensive CAP and search missions can be done from a level 1 airfield.
tanksone

Post by tanksone »

Hi, thought you couldn't sweep your own base.

Capt Hornblower

Post by Capt Hornblower »

I agree w/ tanksone: you can't fly this mission over your own base. You can fly CAP over Suva, but you can't sweep there.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Yep, can´t sweep your own bases. Use LRCAP.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”