DLC's

Pride of Nations is a turn-based historical strategy game set in the colonial era of the 19th century, where the player takes control of a country and guides it through industrialization, military conquest, and colonization. This release from AGEOD follows such successful historical strategy games as Birth of America, American Civil War, Napoleon's Campaigns, Rise of Prussia and Wars in America.
Twotribes

DLC's

Post by Twotribes »

Got the 4 listed. Do they add anything to the main game or just let you start at different times with specials just for that dlc?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
loki100

RE: DLC's

Post by loki100 »

The 1880 Dlc gives you a completely new start date to the Grand Campaign. I've not played it but it seems to be a very different experience to 1850, economies more developed, larger armed forces and so on.

The others are akin to the battle scenarios in the core game, my view is:

1862 - good to learn how to conduct a large war
FPW - ditto, and also covers a rarely done war, it will give you a good handle on combat and movement
1898 - good to learn the naval side and the interaction of land/sea. its also very time limited so a good exercise in pretty precise force tailoring.

none change the underlying .exe, just have special rules and the 3 shorter ones have the main economic aspects removed (or toned down)

saw your other question, if I am reinstalling (and have just had to completely reinstall my laptop), then I did base game, 1.04 and then the dlcs

Return to “Pride of Nations”