[DONE] Caribbean Crisis - The Prelude

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Fonz

[DONE] Caribbean Crisis - The Prelude

Post by Fonz »

It's basically me learning the event engine, but you also might have some fun with it. Oh, and do try shooting the Russians if you think the scenario is too easy :)

Description:

Royal Netherlands Navy vs. Venezuela

Date/Time: August 23rd, 2012 / 14:00:00 Zulu

Playable Side: Royal Netherlands Navy

Background (fictional)

The government of Venezuela always eyed the Netherlands Antilles with interest but the tensions have risen to a new high after the US recently stationed UAVs on Curaçao. Most of the islands have an independent status since 2010 and the government of Venezuela has promised to "liberate" the islands of Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire from the occupying Dutch and US forces. Is the Dutch government willing to execute its defense agreement with the Antilles?

In this scenario you are the commander of HMS Van Amstel, a Royal Netherlands Navy guided missile frigate conducting peacetime operations in the Caribbean Sea.
Attachments
Caribbean..de2012.zip
(317.99 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
hellfish6

RE: Caribbean Crisis - The Prelude

Post by hellfish6 »

I really like it. You keep busy, and it makes good use of the event engine.
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

Downloading...
'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"
tommo8993

Post by tommo8993 »

This is a great little scenario. Good all round. I assume if this is the prelude then their is a Caribbean crisis coming up :)
ExMachina

Post by ExMachina »

Playing now. Imaginative and very well constructed. Great job!
sneekyzeke

Post by sneekyzeke »

My first ship in U.S. Navy was a Perry class FFG out of Mayport, Florida. This is precisely the kind of ops we did much of the time; LEO (Law Enforcement Operations). Usually operating ISO (Independent Steaming Ops) with a Coast Guard Detachment onboard, hunting drug runners in the Caribbean. Got to visit a whole lot of very small ports on many different islands. Great scenario!
Temple

Post by Temple »

Pretty good scenario! I like these types, fewer units but a lot of interesting decisions. Really has me guessing all the time. About the only thing wrong was the game started throwing the errors shown below, only a few at first, then every few seconds. I finally saved and quit and restarted. That helped a lot, but I still got these errors occasionally the rest of the time.

MR_BURNS2

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

Very nice mission, i enjoyed it! I like the way you sent airliners on a suspicious course directly over the Ship, fortunately the TV-cmaeras range is longer than the missile range.

However, 10°C in the Caribbean is too cold for me, i´ll have my next vacation elsewhere! [8D]
Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

Russian Heel

Post by Russian Heel »

However, 10°C in the Caribbean is too cold for me, i´ll have my next vacation elsewhere! [8D]

Well, obviously we have discovered the crisis!
ExMachina

Post by ExMachina »

Note to self: don't accidently engage the Russian surface units [:'(]
Temple

Post by Temple »

ORIGINAL: ExMachina

Note to self: don't accidently engage the Russian surface units [:'(]
Oh, now I really have to give this a try [;)]
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

fonz -

Just finished playing your scenario - excellent effort. Learned much, hope that you make a sequel!

Well done, Sir!

Mac
LAV-25 2147
Temple

Post by Temple »

fonz_ I have a question if you don't mind answering. I looked at the events editor and there was an impressive number of events there. I'm just wondering for my own education at trying to build scenarios, how do you developed them? Did you build a flowchart or a storyboard or just wing it?
Maromak

Post by Maromak »

Downloading...

Edit: Played it, enjoyed it! Thanks for your time and effort. BTW my score was Average: 10.
Certa Cito
Fonz

Post by Fonz »

I had a general idea about the scenario and since it is a pretty linear story I just added and tested the events in sequence as needed. I didn't spent much time preparing, but I played trough the scenario multiple times to tweak the events and opposing forces.
ORIGINAL: Temple

fonz_ I have a question if you don't mind answering. I looked at the events editor and there was an impressive number of events there. I'm just wondering for my own education at trying to build scenarios, how do you developed them? Did you build a flowchart or a storyboard or just wing it?
Beerwulf

Post by Beerwulf »

I really enjoyed this scenario, it was so tense at the end. Very well done, now to play the sequel!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”