Tutorial

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

british exil

Tutorial

Post by british exil »

Played this scenario for the third time as Uk forces. The first times I was very slow to advance, creeeping forward hex for hex.
This time I raced my forces forward to the VP's. Took control of them all, used my recon to spot. My scorpians took the wooded area just east of the VP's, I wanted them to sit still and watch but they decided to fight and were destroyed after taking two kills.

My chopper headed towards the road through the woods to scout, found scores of targets, fired killed and lost 1 heli. I used my Arty to fire onto the road also using a few mines, to buy time for my forces now waiting in the town/VP's.

The Soviets used a pincer attack on the VP's, the wooded road was blocked but the south east route was free to move,but my arty thwarted their attempt,1 -1,5 km from the first VP. But as the weather turned bad for me, 500m view their infanty took the first VP. My Air support was grounded due to bad visability. A real house to house, urban fighting took place. I raced one mech unit to help out their comrades who were taking losses. They took losses too, but halted the soviet advance.

30% of the Soviets survived against my 70%. Nail biting to the end. As I poured as much arty into the hexex of death, raining down as much as I could, I was not sure that I would manage, as I had no idea if the Soviet tanks would eventually arrive to aid their dying comrades. The tanks tried to move through the woods, just to be fired on and forced to move back.

The Soviet leader was KIA.

Great game. Great music after the game whilst writing this AAR.

Mat

Attachments
20131014russian.jpg
20131014russian.jpg (438.02 KiB) Viewed 66 times
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
british exil

RE: Tutorial

Post by british exil »

Uk tally.

Attachments
2013101423_UK.jpg
2013101423_UK.jpg (438.51 KiB) Viewed 66 times
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Glad you enjoyed it and the music. We managed to get our hands on two awesome pieces in my opinion.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Ron

Post by Ron »

I just picked up the game and jumped into the tutorial without really knowing any of the nuances. For example, I did not understand the effects of the limited staff option at first and still don't get the implications of the different orders. Anyways I advanced in a combined arms fashion towards the victory city, tanks in overwatch and arty on call, and met the advancing Soviets - first Helo, Recce and then AD - just as the British reached the western outskirts. Once the dust from that was shaken off, the infantry took up positions on the VLs and it was basically a turkey shoot as the main Soviet force began to come into contact with my forces. From the results, you can see how that went! :o) Anyways on to the next scenario or read the manual, hmm.

Attachments
Tutorial R..lts NATO.jpg
Tutorial R..lts NATO.jpg (427.35 KiB) Viewed 66 times

Return to “After Action Report”