About Us

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Mad Russian

About Us

Post by Mad Russian »

I live in Texas.

Gamer since early 70's.

Served in US Army 74-78, Combat Engineer. 23rd Combat Engineer Bn, 3rd Armored Division.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
TomBombadil711

RE: About Us

Post by TomBombadil711 »

I live in Germany, gamer since early 80's.

Served in Bundeswehr (West German Army) 86-90, tanks (2./PzBtl 83), later military police.
Gizuria

Post by Gizuria »

Scottish

Living and working in Indonesia[8D]

Been an enthusiastic wargamer since 1976. Scarcely a day goes by without me playing some wargame or another.

No military experience except for a couple of years in the Air Cadets (I know, doesn't count for anything)[X(]

Vyshka

Post by Vyshka »

Arizona

US Army 1991-1995, Russian Linguist in 312th MI BN, 1st Cav

Haven't done board wargames much since the 80s, but have been playing wargames since roughly 1984.
"When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches" - Adm. King
Meteor2

Post by Meteor2 »

So I am not the oldest one...[;)]

Served in the PzAufklBtl. 7 from 1980-81. Horrido !
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

United States, Ohio.

Been gaming in one fashion or another since the late 70's.

Have had family members serve in the armed forces, but I have not. However, very grateful and appreciative to everyone who has.
Great_Ajax

Post by Great_Ajax »

Was a teenager in West Germany while dad served in the USAF as an AWACS Weapons Director in 85-89. I remember getting shook out of bed from Tornados screaming over the rooftops. It was a daily spectacle to watch air to air mock dogfights at rooftop level. Team Yankee was my favorite book at the time.

Served with the US Army 4-1 Field Artillery (155mm SP), 1st Armored Division in 95-00. Commanded two firing batteries of the 1-160 Field Artillery (105mm T) in the 45th Enhanced Infantry Combat Brigade Team, Oklahoma National Guard 2003-2008.

Trey

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

Denmark.

Love strategy, simulation, tactical and operational gaming. Doing this since the 80's.
Was never in the army, was studying instead.
deadsunwheel

Post by deadsunwheel »

Canadian, Eh.

I feel like a youngster. The Berlin Wall fell while I was starting high school. I became interested in war games as a teenager after finding my dad's copy of AH's Blitzkrieg in the mid 80's. The rest as they say is history. No military experience, strictly an armchair general.
evaamo2

Post by evaamo2 »

37 year old native from Venezuela, living now in Panama. Worked as software architect/systems engineer/combat systems integrator in air force and navy projects. Have been wargaming (computer mostly) since the Apple II days.

loki100

Post by loki100 »

Scotland but from a Scottish-Italian family (quite common in Glasgow). Lived in Italy at the end of the anni piombi. Started gaming in the mid 70s, usual collection of SPI and GDW games around WP/NATO. Stopped when I started moving around (too much hassle to pack 'em and move 'em, collection was lost in a parental house move when I was out the country ... sob) so only got back into wargames with PC games in the late 90s.
Mrs Darwin

Post by Mrs Darwin »

I live in a padded bunker in a nondisclosed US location, east of the Mississippi.

I have loved computerized strategy sims as long as they have existed, although I don't readily admit to being that old.
Cap'n Darwin's Lovely, Brilliant, Talented Wife
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

I live in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts.

I bought my first board game in 1975. Avalon Hill "Tobruk: Tank Battles in North Africa 1942"

I board gamed till this place released this PC beta demo at Christmas 1999 game called "Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord" and PC gaming was on [:'(]

I am back into board games with my twin boys again. Valor & Victory, PanzerBlitz/ PanzerLeader/Arab-Israeli Wars,
Squad Leader & modules, Band of Heroes and Panzer (second edition)& modules [8D]
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

british exil

Post by british exil »

Living in Stadthagen Germany, didn't serve. But was an army child, my dad served as REME to various tank regiments 13/18th Hussars, QOH (Queens Own Hussars), 1RTR. Those are the ones I remember The first two were Chieftan Tanks the last were Scorpians and other recon vehicles. Lived in Hameln for 2 years, Detmold and Herford. So right in the battle zone. My GF was born in Hildesheim but spent her childhood in Schüttorf. So I am really enjoying this game and looking forward to the fighting on my doorstep.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

Wellington, New Zealand.

39 years old, I've been wargaming since the mid-80's and cut my teeth on Cold War games. Served briefly in NZ Army in '91. Always enjoyed gaming this time period.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

I grew up in a small log cabin where I when to school up hill both ways with snow up too...

More seriously, Gamer since 1975 or so (14 years old, before that if you count throwing rocks at my green and tan army men [:D]). USN 1982-1988, TAD 24th Marine Amphibious Unit Beirut, July-August 1983. Triaged the wounded for the BLT HQ Bombing on 23 October 1983 (and will be headed to the 30th Remembrance if this Washington nonsense is ironed out! [:@] ). Florida State University alumni and have designed scenarios for computer games since old SPI Tanks came out.

Al
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

My first game was Panzer Blitz. When I deployed to Europe I ended up with 10 sets of counters and 4 sets of maps. We would set up division sized fights in Bn HQ and fight all weekend! [:D]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

My first game was Panzer Blitz. When I deployed to Europe I ended up with 10 sets of counters and 4 sets of maps. We would set up division sized fights in Bn HQ and fight all weekend! [:D]

Ah, Panzerblitz! Bought it in 1970 locally, in Oz, which was purely by chance in those days (being at the tail end of a niche market supply line) ... having just not long before ordered a year's subscription to S&T, but still waiting for the first issue to arrive!

Those were the days!

Sydney University Regiment (Citizen Military Forces/CMF ... what's called the Army Reserve these days) 1974-75, Sig Platoon, while at Uni (nominally an Officer Training unit). So, no real military experience in those days of the drawdown from National Service and Vietnam, not like many of the rest of you!

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

I'm French 50 yo, playing board games and then video games since I'm a kid but still considering myself a newbie as compared to some hardcore wargamers I know :-) [:D].

I'm no that familiar with modern operations mostly because there are so few WW3 games available (but zillions WW2 wargames). And WW3 is by far my favorite theater.

Really looking forward for this game to continue to develop and to become the standard of the category.

I never been in the army, mostly because in real life I'm a pacifist (who said a French coward ? LOL). Now will probably have many foes here ! [:D]

[politics]I would suggest we offer a copy of FCRS to Obama and Holland (nobody knows him but yes, he's the French President. We call him Flamby). It will better if they play video games rather than arm and help terrorists in Syria...[/politics]
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
Emx77

Post by Emx77 »

I live in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. I'm 36 years old.

I've been playing wargames since 1990. Johnny Reb II on Commodore 64 was my first introduction to the genre.

I haven't served in army but I experienced real war (Bosnian War '92-95). For example, I know how it feels to be under heavy artillery fire with 155mm shells landing around. :-)

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”