Militia Call Bug/Problem/WAD?

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

aspqrz02

Militia Call Bug/Problem/WAD?

Post by aspqrz02 »

It's Early April 1862 in the Grand Campaign, playing the Union, and I have 1300+ volunteers in the Union Army's pool, and another 300+ are being added every 1/2 month turn after the last Militia Call was chosen. Whereas with previous Militia calls there was only the one boost, once, followed by the usual small amount (30-40 or so) of odds and sods.

The Militia are being paid no bonuses for enlistment, so it's not actually costing me anything to have all these useless people standing around waiting for my budget to stretch to uniforms (which it can't possibly ever do, I'd guess) ...

I understand this was a bug with the FIRST Militia Call in the initial release of the game, but this is the THIRD ... unless I am supposed to be getting 300+ volunteers per half month?

Note: I have installed, and it is shown as active, what was then the latest pre-release update fix (hence the fact that this didn't occur with the first Militia Call!) RC3, and have now installed RC4 ... but that would presumably not fix the game I was playing even if it did fix what seems to be a bug ... and it doesn't mention this issue in the list of problems its meant to solve.

Is this WAD or a bug?

I've asked basically the same question on the AGEOD forums and lots of people have looked, but no response so far.

Anyone know?

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
Toro12

RE: Militia Call Bug/Problem/WAD?

Post by Toro12 »

I thought this issue was resolved in the latest drop (RC4). I wonder if your update was corrupted?
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Ah. No. It occurred under RC3 ... I thought that it had been cleared up in RC1/2. It doesn't actually say, as far as I can see, that it is fixed in RC4 ... but, assuming it is, I assume that the existing save game series is now useless and I need to start another one under RC4 from scratch.

Oh well, easy come, easy start a new game [8|]

Assuming someone can confirm that this a) IS a bug and b) HAS been fixed by RC4, since this would be the *FOURTH* Grand Campaign Scenario I have had to abandon because of assorted bugs [8|]

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
JoePirulo72

Post by JoePirulo72 »

Playing as CSA with rc4, in 1863. So far, this bug dissapeared with this new version. Start the game!!
Regards,
Max
Max
Ace1_slith

Post by Ace1_slith »

I saw your question at AGEOD forum. I just didn't know whether you have found a bug in latest new patch RC4, in which case the devs have to answer your question or you started the game with earlier patch which turned out to be the case.
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

Hi,

I'm very close to 100% sure that you can't have the bug of being charged regularly for conscripts, with them coming regularly without you doing nothing, if you start a game in RC3 and RC4. The whole logic of these historical options has been redone from scratch in fact.
AGEOD Team
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: aspqrz

The Militia are being paid no bonuses for enlistment, so it's not actually costing me anything to have all these useless people standing around waiting for my budget to stretch to uniforms (which it can't possibly ever do, I'd guess) ...

Phil

They're far from useless. They're great garrison troops if you wish to not train them. Send them to the same town as a training office. I keep McClellan in Cinncy, send Halleck to New York, and Sickles takes over New York and I send Halleck back to St Louis. Training takes one turn for two units. Once this is done, they're the same as regulars. They make up the bulk of my armies, and are wonderful.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
Toro12

Post by Toro12 »

And inexpensive!
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Sorry, you don't understand ... they're in the POOL, they're NOT in Regiments.

That is, they're in the POOL box up the top with the RAIL Pool and the RIVERINE Pool and the WAR SUPPLY Pool ... so, in effect, they might as well not exist, since there are far more of them, as I noted, that I can actually provide uniforms and guns for ...

This was under RC3 and, supposedly/hopefully, RC4 has 'fixed' the problem ... since I've started four Grand Campaigns so far and had to can all of them because of bugs, I'm wondering whether there is any point in starting another.

I KNOW that AGEOD will eventually nail them all down, they have done so for all of the games of theirs that I have (ever since AACW 1), and I can play them all now with no real bugs ... so I may just have to wait and replay some of the older titles till I can be reasonably sure there's a point in starting a new game for CW2.

Phil
Toro12

Post by Toro12 »

Ah. This is fixed in RC4.
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

I confirm that it's fixed, from either side. Problem gone.

Recruits are now a serious limitation for either side, as they should be

Return to “Civil War II”