I'm Playing Panzer Corps without sound

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

rocketfu3l

I'm Playing Panzer Corps without sound

Post by rocketfu3l »

Hello,

I've got the Grand Campaign box and have had constant crash. After reading on the topic here on the forums I changed the directory "Audio" to "_Audio" and the result is hours of gaming PCorps without a single crash. I have a Creative 3D core sound card and I think the driver is not agreeing with the game. I have a lot of games and have no similar problem with this sound card.

Even though I still enjoy the game... I am kinda missing the explosions and blasts now. The explanation I read was that the driver is not agreeing with MCI... my question is really this: Will I ever have sound on PCorps again? Re-installing etc didn't work... it seems to me I need to choose between my new sound card or playing PCorps with sound.
VPaulus

RE: I'm Playing Panzer Corps without sound

Post by VPaulus »

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the game.
Creative drivers can be really troublesome. But could you please copy your DxDiag report file to your post?

How to get a DxDiag re file:

1. click on "START" (on Windows 8 Press "Windows Key" + "R" and go to 3)
2. click "run" m(on Windows 8 jump to step 3)
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice
6. open the text file, copy the contents, and post along with your issue.
rocketfu3l

Post by rocketfu3l »

Thankyou for your Help VPaulus. It was the Haali Codec pack that caused problems with the sound on my Pc. The Haali uninstall did not remove it and caused the codec to be broken. I managed to remove it using Codec Tweak Tool, a very useful bit of software.I have now been playing Panzer Corps with sound! Awesome game [:)]
scipion1175

Post by scipion1175 »

Hello everyone,

I do not know if this section is still alive but I'll try,

I discovered the game few days ago on steam, I used to play panzer general back in the day, I do not know how I missed this so long...

Anyway, I got the ALL package and then found you guys and the DMP mod, OSTFRONT, AFRICA CORPS, PACIFIC etc...

panzercorps DMP and Pacific works fine,

However I have a problem with the OSTFRONT and AFRICACORP mod, there is no music on both, sound works but infantry's sound is very weird.

I tried to look through your post in german with google translate but I cannot use the "cheat" /nocache as there is no shortcut of Panzercorps that you can tweak.
I tried also klite tweak but no change as well as the 4GB download for sound...

Do anyone has any ideas, that would be great as the vanilla game is so nice + DMP so cool but I am dying to kick some soviet ass with OSTFRONT as well as some rosbeef with Africa...

There is the dxdiag, but evrything seems working fine

Thank you in advance

Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(59.63 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

In your case actually if you download and install a codec pack might fix your issue.
Only when installing these codec packs, you always end up run the risk of breaking something else in your system.
The problem is that some of the wav files were encoded with different audio codecs and they needed to be rencoded again or saved with a different codec.
I suppose you can try to replace the files in the Audio subfolder with the ones that you have working well.
For example if PanzerCorps DMP is working well in your system just copy its audio files to Ostfront. It won't fix all the sounds but it can fix some of them at least.
scipion1175

Post by scipion1175 »

Hello VPaulus,

Are u the one that surrendered in Leningrad???

Anyway, Thank you very much to have taken some time to respond[&o].

I tried to switch the audio file and now the infantry sound is correct [X(]but still no music(?) no voice !!![:@]

Do you have any names for codec because There so many of them, and lastly shoud I used kilite to "tweak" them? or just install them one at the time...

Thanks again.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

You can load the files you are having issues with Goldwave and then save them with a different encoding like:

Wav, PCM 16-bit signed.
scipion1175

Post by scipion1175 »

WAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO [&o][&o][&o]

This is too good to be true, I only tried to encoded the mp3 music to wave and [X(] TA DA I hear DA MUSIC...

now I have to try if this work for speech and unit voice,

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU MADE MY DAY, even my week I suppose.

VPAULUS you are redeemed from your Stalingrad surrender...[:-]

Thks again.

Return to “Tech Support”