Flashpoint Germany

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

nukkxx5058

Flashpoint Germany

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Hi,
Is there a link between this new game and the old "Flashpoint Germany" ?
Thanks.
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
Hertston

RE: Flashpoint Germany

Post by Hertston »

Yes. Same developer, similar concepts greatly developed and expanded.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Wow ! I loved Flashpoint Germany ! this only problem was that it was too simple.
Now I want to buy this game !
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

I didn't know this is the sequel of FPG ! [&o] This is the good news of the day.
Waiting for it for so loooong :-)

Well FPG was far from perfect but despite its simplicity I really had good time with it. I loved the game engine. It was different from all other turn based games.

I can't wait !

Downloading ...[8D]
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Sorry, we should have said that somewhere on the product page I guess. It is based on the FPG system, but every last item was revised and redone and a number of new systems/features were added. Also where FPG was hard to mod, FPCRS is very mod friendly across every major aspect (sound, graphics, data, scenarios, campaigns, and maps).

If you liked FPG your will really like this game. We all do.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
IronManBeta

Post by IronManBeta »

Yep, I am the lead developer for both projects. FPRS is the direct descendant of the FPG code base, just 8 years more mature now. I really wanted to get the sequel out earlier but there were so many changes it got away from me. Luckily Cap'n Darwin, Mad Russian and Charles Belva joined up and helped me get it out the door at long last. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed FPG and I think you will have a blast with FPRS.

Cheers, Rob C
kemmo

Post by kemmo »

Totally agree with the comments about really liking this game if you liked the original. I enjoyed playing FPG despite(in my opinion) some limitations. Red Storm is the first game I've ever got on the day of release, and I'm really happy I did, Great game.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Kemmo,

Glad you like it. A lot of hours (weeks, months, years) went into its creation. We have a few minor bumps out of the gate that we are actively dealing with and we are listening to feedback from everyone on what could be a bit better or more clear.

As MR says. "Happy Hunting!"
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”