Scrolling the Map ?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Richard III

Scrolling the Map ?

Post by Richard III »

A few questions:

Does the main map support scrolling, i.e. moving the mouse to the map edges to see more of the map, or do we just use the box in the mini map window to move about the big map ?

What exactly do the "Map Scrolling Parameters" do in user preferences ?

When I disable "Victory Locations" in the drop down menu in the upper left while in game they re-set at the next turn.
“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
CapnDarwin

RE: Scrolling the Map ?

Post by CapnDarwin »

Richard,

The should scroll/step when the mouse is within about 40 pixels of the map edge. You can change that in the setting. From the Grogheads forum MikeGER explained it well so I'm stealing his words:

From my understanding: if the mouse pointer is hovering in a zone 40 pixels from the border of the visible map (can be set for all 4 borders) and stays there for '2 ticks', which gets monitored by the program every 0.150 seconds, it will start moving the map 64 pixels into the viewing area.

We are going to work on making that panel make more sense in its information stated.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I will elevate the VPs coming back on the screen as a possible bug. We do turn units and other things on and turn some stuff off when the turn resolution begins. VPs may be in the turn back on items for resolution. I'll verify.

Richard III

Post by Richard III »

Thanks, read MikeGER post at GH`s, useful info thread.

For my system, with the scrolling prefs set at the game install 40 default, if I left click 2 tiles from the map border it will ( sometimes ) move down, right, left in steps, but never up. Using a Microsoft plug in USB mouse.
Maybe something to look at ?

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Richard,

The should scroll/step when the mouse is within about 40 pixels of the map edge. You can change that in the setting. From the Grogheads forum MikeGER explained it well so I'm stealing his words:

From my understanding: if the mouse pointer is hovering in a zone 40 pixels from the border of the visible map (can be set for all 4 borders) and stays there for '2 ticks', which gets monitored by the program every 0.150 seconds, it will start moving the map 64 pixels into the viewing area.

We are going to work on making that panel make more sense in its information stated.

¯ Leo Tolstoy
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Richard,

Test something out. Open a scenario. Use the jump map to set to the center of the map. Move you mouse right to the top edge of the map area just below the menu. Do not click, but let eh cursor hover there for a second or two and see if you scroll. Repeat this for the other three map edges and let me know what happens for each.

Thanks.

Richard III

Post by Richard III »

That did it !!

With the jump map box centered at turn start, the main map scrolling is fast and smooth in all 4 directions to the big map edge.

Thanks for the help !

Loving the game ! ( even if the AI is kick my A**)[:D]
ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Richard,

Test something out. Open a scenario. Use the jump map to set to the center of the map. Move you mouse right to the top edge of the map area just below the menu. Do not click, but let eh cursor hover there for a second or two and see if you scroll. Repeat this for the other three map edges and let me know what happens for each.

Thanks.

¯ Leo Tolstoy
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Rob's AI is very slick and has at times shown some emergent behavior of getting upset and hitting you from an unexpected direction or bypassing easy VP points to help other units in trouble elsewhere on the map. And it's only going to get better!

Return to “Tech Support”