Game Balance with new patch?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

matt.buttsworth

Game Balance with new patch?

Post by matt.buttsworth »

Firstly I would like to congratulate all those who have worked to create the new patch. It seems to have changed a game that with adjustment was great to play in summer/autumn/snow 1941 to one which could be wonderful to play right through till 1945.
My question is this.
To make 1.078 work my opponent and I have adjusted morale to make the Germans stronger in 1941 and avoid the unbalanced nature of that scenario which stopped the germans advancing beyond Smolensk.
By beginning the game with Soviets at morale 95 and Germans at 100 two gripping games have been played with teh axis player still encircling masses of Russian units right up to early September 1941. (with no exploits from either side). Moscow still seems very hard, Leningrad was held, but the advance in the south is very rapid.
My question is this. For good game balance where the germans can advance close to leningrad and Moscow in 1941 with a possibility of capturing one or both, is it still necessary to adjust morale before the game starts, or is a morale balance of 100/100 ideal.
The weakening of the blizzard rules seems fantastic.
I look forward to playing with the new patch.

Matthew

PS - Asked before in general forum but not asked here.

Return to “The War Room”