Game Errors

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

radioactiveman

Game Errors

Post by radioactiveman »

SInce the recent patch have encountered an increased volume of exception errors and other crash type events.

As an Idea, in your error trapping routines, add in a button to send you a copy of the error.

One I am hitting tonight, that I had not seem before now, and seems to be something recurrant. As it has appeared 3x within about 15 minutes of resuming my save. GxB0 error.
crashdump:
Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.9.0.11

10:48:52 PM Thursday, October 10, 2013

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.CompleteTeardown(Galaxy galaxy, Boolean removeFromEmpire)
at DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.DoExplosions(Galaxy galaxy)
at DistantWorlds.Types.BuiltObject.DoTasks(DateTime time, Int64 starDate, Boolean inView)
at DistantWorlds.Main.TLtpIsLwHy(DateTime , Int64 , BuiltObjectList , Boolean )
at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()

--- COMPLETE ---

I am guessing it tried to remove a killed ship twice, and caused a null object pointer error.

I am on W7, have 8GB of ram, 10x10 map, 700 stars. It is very early in the game, I am still in my starting system.
The Water is NOT Safe
Shogouki

RE: Game Errors

Post by Shogouki »

Do you think there's any chance that the save file or DW files have become corrupted?
radioactiveman

Post by radioactiveman »

Bad files is always a possibility, hence the nature of software. My HD is not old, nor am I experiencing any other issues that would make me think files were getting corrupted.

Most of the time when the game crashes, after loading up the save things are fine. The one I posted was the first time for me to get a repetative crash at the roughly the same spot over and over.

I have already abandoned the save, but I wanted to report it,and while I was posting to share that the frequency of crashes in general has gone up to my perception since the last patch.

I love the game, and hope the Devs can track down the widgets that need some TLC

The Water is NOT Safe
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

Not that its a very fun thing to do but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and then patching? I know its a bit annoying to do but for the record doing that has solved my problems for at least one game.

Return to “Tech Support”