[Still a Bug B474] Aircraft Push Past BINGO - Why?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

bsq

[Still a Bug B474] Aircraft Push Past BINGO - Why?

Post by bsq »

Why on earth, when I have tankers on towlines less than 70 miles from the patrol area would my weasels do this?

23:22:18 - Wild Weasel #07 has been destroyed!
23:22:18 - Event: 'USAF and USN Lose Points' has been fired.
23:22:18 - Wild Weasel #07 (F-4G Phantom II [Wild Weasel V]) has run out of fuel and crashed!
23:22:15 - Wild Weasel #06 has been destroyed!
23:22:15 - Event: 'USAF and USN Lose Points' has been fired.
23:22:15 - Wild Weasel #06 (F-4G Phantom II [Wild Weasel V]) has run out of fuel and crashed!
23:18:33 - Wild Weasel #03 has been destroyed!
23:18:33 - Event: 'USAF and USN Lose Points' has been fired.
23:18:33 - Wild Weasel #03 (F-4G Phantom II [Wild Weasel V]) has run out of fuel and crashed!

You have the save file already I believe, I just ran the Shamal scenario save for a few more minutes.
MR_BURNS2

RE: Aircraft Push Past BINGO - Why?

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

Dunno if this will help, but did you run them low level?
I once noticed that they don´t calculate Bingo/fuel consumption on low-level flight right, they RTB too late.

Tankers seem to be bugged right now, at the moment i don´t use them at all.
Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Is this still a problem ?
bsq

Post by bsq »

Not sure, I will update and run the scenario later today and check.
bsq

Post by bsq »

Yes

In the scenario I am working on and doing the final event scripting I just noticed that an aircraft on CAP pushed past BINGO and crashed before recovering to its airfield. It was part of 4 ship and the other 3 aircraft made it ok but this one did not.

I set the CAP well within the listed radius for this aircraft type (MiG-23ML - although they should be MLD [;)] but that's a seperate issue), but despite this, one 'pilot' still managed to run out of 'fuel'.

I have ran this scenario now a few times (takes a while due to some events not firing until 4.5 hours in) and it does not do it every time. This is on the AI only side and it is frustrating because the scenario could run out of defensive fighters before the end, if I lose one figther every CAP rotation...

I am using B474
bsq

Post by bsq »

I am going to let this scenario run for the whole of the period I have Syrian CAPs up for. I have just lost 2 more, this time MiG-29M2

Edit - so here is the tally

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
8x MiG-23ML Flogger G
6x MiG-29M2 Fulcrum C
2x MiG-29 Fulcrum A

Not sustainable at all given this scenario is supposed to run for 2 days 6 hours and this happened in just 12 hours.

None of the CAPs inside 30 miles of home base suffered any losses. None of these three CAPs were more than 90 miles from their home bases.

2 Recce missions, one area and one a Barrier did not suffer losses either, nor did the other side that was running CAP at 30 miles from base and 12 miles from a TOW line, although I did note 'brinksmanship' going on when the fighters would wait until they had less than 12 minutes of fuel before going to the tanker - another issue there perhaps that may be WAD but is not realistic and only takes one slip up to crash.

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Can you post your file? Would like to take a look.

Thanks!

Mike
bsq

Post by bsq »

Mike attached is the scenario. The save is way past that point now as I left it running whilst I tested the other events. If you want to see it happen fairly quickly, disable the sunrise and sunset events and then activate the delayed missions. This should cause the Syrian side to launch the various CAPs and DEFPAT missions I have set.
Attachments
TheBigStick.zip
(312.93 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Clear as day. Looks like tail end charlie misses the pass when the patterns busy and doesn't have enough slack in fuel reserves to make the landing. Likely need to add more slack to our calcs. This is a great example where player feedback really helps us tune that model a little better.

Thanks BSQ.
Blu3wolf

Post by Blu3wolf »

hmm. for a USAF F-16, it is standard procedure to plan your landing at 1200 lbs fuel remaining. if you have fuel enough to divert to alternate (also a requirement) it is not unusual to have bingo calculated as 2000 lbs (or even more) over home plate.
To go up, pull back on the stick.
To go down, pull back harder...

Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance.
guanotwozero

Post by guanotwozero »

Hi, I'm having a similar problem for a CAP with 1/3 rule, using the Op Soberania scenario. I'm on the 1.02 patch, BTW.

The CAP consists of F5Es, all using defaults. If I let them auto-return at bingo, they will crash before reaching the airbase.

I've replayed the position several times, and each time I get the same result.

I can send a save file, if I can figure out how...

guanotwozero

Post by guanotwozero »

Ah, here's the save file.

Grp7 #4 is getting close to bingo. If I tell it to RTB, it will make it. If I wait and let it auto-RTB, it will not. Same result each time I've run it.

Edit:
========
Looking at it in more detail, I think the problem is the algorithm for landing, not the bingo trigger.

The 'plane approaches the airfield, and looks like it will just make it (on fumes). However, over the airfield it is too high, and so at the end of the runway it turns round as if to have another go. By this time the fumes run out, and it crashes at the airfield perimeter.

This is at Chabunco airfield in Chilean Patagonia, if that's of any relevance.
Attachments
jab05.zip
(115.51 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: bsq
Mike attached is the scenario. The save is way past that point now as I left it running whilst I tested the other events. If you want to see it happen fairly quickly, disable the sunrise and sunset events and then activate the delayed missions. This should cause the Syrian side to launch the various CAPs and DEFPAT missions I have set.

Thanks for the save. Fixed in Build 485.

Return to “Tech Support”