Congratulations and some issues

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

JoePirulo72

Congratulations and some issues

Post by JoePirulo72 »

I´ve played the long campaign, with the beta patch. Really, and excelent game. A gem. Congratulations to all the people involved in making this game.
Some issues I`ve found in the long campaign:
1. Manponwer. Using the option to raise regiments (no pay, due to moral) only once I continue to recive reinforcements till 1865. I ended with more than 30.000 manpower in pool. Seems too much.
2. Some economic options appear as unbalanced (F5): building 2 Powder Mills in Virginia: 300 money and 75 WS; building 9 Powder Mills in Texas 250 U$S 60 WS. Not a good deal...

Excelent game!
Regards,
Max
Max
Ace1_slith

RE: Congratulations and some issues

Post by Ace1_slith »

1. Have you started the game with the latest RC3 patch. It should be fixed in it.
2. Economic options are generally balanced. Ironworks cost more than armories because they provide more war supplies. Do not know about powder mills? Could you post a screen shot of it, so we can forward it to the devs if it is a bug?
GBS

Post by GBS »

Ace, what is this RC3 patch. Is it the beta 1.01 patch?
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
JoePirulo72

Post by JoePirulo72 »

Ace, I started this game with the beta patch. 1.01, don´t know about rc3. How can I check that?
2. Never post a screenshot, but if some tells me how, I´ll try to do it. In any case, if you have a game running in 1863, go to the economic options for CSA, and search building Mills in Virginia, and in Texas. Compare the costs of each other, and you will see they aren´t proportional.

Thanks!
Max
Ace1_slith

Post by Ace1_slith »

First public beta patch was release candidate 1, or RC 1.
Second public beta patch was release candidate 3, or RC 3.

You can use windows tools for screen clipping, or freeware programs for it. When you have a jpg file, you can post it by clicking post reply button at the end of forum page, and upload file in the lower left of message window.

I deleted all my save games, to be able to run them from the start with new beta patches, so I am not in 1863. I 'll forward your catch to the devs.

Return to “Civil War II”