Total War Series

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

flibby

Total War Series

Post by flibby »

Is it just me or are they far more suited to more modern eras?

For me, Napoleon Total War is very enjoyable, naval battles aside. Obviously it's not a 'wargame' as such, but so far as that concept can go and still have mass market appeal, i think it does pretty well realism wise, especially with mods.

The 'Great War' mod is great if anyone hasn't tried it - WW1 RTS for the first time, that i can think of anyway!
jday305

RE: Total War Series

Post by jday305 »

I actually liked Napoleon Total War even though many have a negative view of it. I have spent many hours enjoying marching Napoleon's troops across Europe. I haven't heard of a WW1 mod. Do you have a website that has some info on it?
RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
TheGrayMouser

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Because IMHO, the campaign games for Rome TW and Medieval TW resembles nothing like operational or strategic movement of armies in those eras... Ironically though, by early midgame with piles of stacks roaming about along all your borders fighting constant piles of enemy stacks of multiple enemies, in a war of long term attrition, is very WW1 like! :)
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: jday305

I actually liked Napoleon Total War even though many have a negative view of it. I have spent many hours enjoying marching Napoleon's troops across Europe. I haven't heard of a WW1 mod. Do you have a website that has some info on it?

Great War (Shame about the casualties)

Darkspire
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I really liked Medieval Total War origional verion with Vikings Invasion. With the XL mod it was a fantastic game and still is if you can get it to run on modern day computers. I liked the map better and the quality of the ai was better and those power units that came back after you destroyed a faction were awesome. MTW1 kept you on your toes because the game wasn't over just because you nearly conquered the map. You had to deal with revolts and all kinds of things to keep you playing. Everything since has been kind of a drag though. I don't like today's maps and there's too much in the games now that it makes the ai look and play dumb.
flibby

Post by flibby »

You can ceck out the WW1 Mod for NTW here.

It's very very good - and with Tanks coming soon IIRC.

The Great War Mod
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

Great War (Shame about the casualties)

Darkspire
[/quote]

ORIGINAL: flibby

You can ceck out the WW1 Mod for NTW here.

It's very very good - and with Tanks coming soon IIRC.

The Great War Mod

There is an echo ... [:D]

Darkspire

Return to “General Discussion”