Skyfall 2 - Completed

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

Tac2i

Skyfall 2 - Completed

Post by Tac2i »

After about 20 turns we declared Skyfall 1 a draw. We are now launching Skyfall 2. This random game was created using Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite with the option for enhanced officers and realistic officers checked. It was also created with depleted resources selected. As you can see it is on a XX-Large map. The map looks like it should help generate some interesting game play as both sides have some good potential offensive operations areas. Scarcity is a factor all players will have to deal with: resources, officers and HQs. We are not sure how much we will be posting here as the game progresses but will try to at least post some map updates from time to time.

If anyone else is interested in playing this map, here is the scenario file: Skyfall2.at2. Use the 'load scenario' button to load and then make your adjustments, if any, and start the game. Three of the capitals were moved and are in new locations. You must have Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite installed to use this.

Attachments
20131007_141942.jpg
20131007_141942.jpg (258.64 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Josh

RE: Skyfall 2

Post by Josh »

Wow I'd love to see some AAR screenies [:D] A map this big with Lancer's mod enabled, scarcity being a major factor means that players have to gamble...and the loss of an Army group would mean disaster.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

It is an interesting setup, terrain and objectives should define the battlefield, not just static skirmish lines.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

Hopefully a AAR or two on this game.
“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

One house rule that we agreed to was no declaration of war before turn 4. After that anyone can declare. So the first three turns will be maneuvering for combat operations and trying to discern what the other side may be up to. With this large of map and the limited resources both sides will have to pick and choose where to concentrate forces for attack. Of course our opponents will also determine where we may need to make a greater effort at defense. In our previous Skyfall game it was very close and both sides had areas of success and areas where things weren't going so well. I expect some that in this game.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Turn 2 complete. Continue to move into position and solidify initial plans with my ally. As with any wargame plans must remain flexible and adapt as the situation warrants.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

I am training the Soviet army to cover the extended frontages
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

We ran into an issue and Tom and Allan are replaying their half of turn one. Both renamed their Supreme HQ and that is something you should not do when using Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite as it makes special use of that name. Something else players may see if they renamed an officer is a series of error messages (error in check command...). This appears to only happen once and per Lancer has no apparent negative impact on the game. Renaming your Supreme HQ does have negative impact.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

As we move into turn 3 tensions mount. Combat ready formations are spotted along some sections of the border. Is war imminent? The Arab and Russian posturing seems very hostile and will have to be dealt with sooner or later. Our spies report that factories for producing war machines have been built by them. The peace loving Japanese and French are reluctant but ready should hostilities break out. The reports of our war factory construction projects is false. We are simply making consumer goods for our people.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Urgent French Transmission 22 Jan 1937: A Russian military transport plane crashed landed in Japanese territory. War plans for a surprise attack were discovered on the body of a dead officer! Japan immediately launched a preemptive strike at the dastardly Russians. Their ally Mecca then joined the war on Russia's side. I, the French, could not stand by and let this injustice pass unpunished and immediately advanced into Mecca territory. Fighting broke out around the Mecca city of Semnan. By all appearances, Mecca was also involved in preparations for a sneak attack. This means all out War!!!

Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Josh

Post by Josh »

War! Finally! Peace is sooo 2012. [;)]
Uhm but no screenies yet. [:(]
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Since this is a human vs human game, by necessity screenshots must be sanitized so as not to reveal intel to the enemy.

Attachments
battle.jpg
battle.jpg (495.86 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Josh

Post by Josh »

He gave up Semnan, understandably so, too exposed. Sadiqabad now that will be most likely a whole different ballgame. So...where are his forces then?
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I haven't received turn 5 so I don't know that Allan have given up Semnan. He appeared deployed to defend it. Knowing my good friend, he'll probably stand his ground and counter-attack. If he stands and fights, a ton of hurt is coming down. For these screenshots I've hidden units so as not to reveal my forces and show Allan what I know about his force dispositions.
ORIGINAL: Josh

He gave up Semnan, understandably so, too exposed. Sadiqabad now that will be most likely a whole different ballgame. So...where are his forces then?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

French and Mecca forces are fully engaged in a vicious battle for Semnan. Mecca shows no intent to give up Semnan even though it has been reduced to complete ruble by my heavy artillery. Mecca has some armor and lots of cavalry positioned for continued war fighting. Bring it on! One other less intense battle in another sector is ongoing with Mecca forces. A small Russian force was spotted trying to infiltrate through a wooded area. They chose the wrong place at the wrong time. The big question is: What is my Japanese ally up to and are they prepared for the Divine Wind?

Attachments
20131030_202930.jpg
20131030_202930.jpg (210.35 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Units shown are not actual units but just to give a feel for the battle. Actual unit disposition/composition must be kept undisclosed.

Attachments
anna.jpg
anna.jpg (351.83 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Units shown are not actual units but just to give a feel for the battle. Actual unit disposition/composition must be kept undisclosed.

Attachments
maradah.jpg
maradah.jpg (241.45 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Josh

Post by Josh »

Boy this is gonna be an insane battle. Love the cavalry maneuvre. [&o] (manoeuvre SP? I always forget how to spell that correctly...)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Units shown are not actual units but just to give a feel for the battle. Actual friend/foe unit disposition/composition must be kept undisclosed.

Attachments
forurm1.jpg
forurm1.jpg (241.23 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Units shown are not actual units but just to give a feel for the battle. Actual friend/foe unit disposition/composition must be kept undisclosed.

Attachments
fourm2.jpg
fourm2.jpg (250.25 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “After Action Reports”