Leader special abilities

Ageod’s upcoming strategy game España: 1936 covers the entire Spanish Civil War from 1936-1939. With more than 200 regions, cities, roads, weapons factories, weather types, factions and sub-factions it is one of the few games to ever examine the period.
kvob

Leader special abilities

Post by kvob »

I'm finding that some leaders can be seen to have special abilities in a stack but when you click on their element icon, no special ability is present (which means you can't hover a mouse over it to see what it is). I've tried to upload a picture to show what I mean (hope it works). Edit: it worked.

Attachments
SCW.jpg
SCW.jpg (160.81 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Symple

RE: Leader special abilities

Post by Symple »

Have you clicked on the leader's right box to bring up the abilities?
kvob

Post by kvob »

Yes. If you look at the picture I've posted, the leader box is open (he is the leader on the bottom left of the screen). The bottom picture shows he has an ability but when you open up the leader box there is no ability icon displayed.
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

ORIGINAL: kvob

Yes. If you look at the picture I've posted, the leader box is open (he is the leader on the bottom left of the screen). The bottom picture shows he has an ability but when you open up the leader box there is no ability icon displayed.

Pretty sure that ability is added by one or more of the troops in his formation. If you break the leader away from the formation you will see the trait leave his portrait and stay with the troop unit it belongs to.

Jim
kvob

Post by kvob »

I will try removing the leader as you say.
Thanks Jim[:)]
kvob

Post by kvob »

Update - You were right. It was a troop trait and not a leader ability. [:)]

Return to “España: 1936”