Shakturi doesn't arrive.

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

RedArrow91

Shakturi doesn't arrive.

Post by RedArrow91 »

Hello.

I'm playing right now on 6x6 100-stars galaxy and i have explored whole galaxy.

but i have only warning from guardians and no more data cores or anything else.

Is this a bug or Shakturi will arrive someday ?

Please answer me :)
Canute0

RE: Shakturi doesn't arrive.

Post by Canute0 »

The Shakturi are a triggered event, you or an AI empire need to find and explore a beacon on a planet somewhere at the Map.

When you buy/trade maps from a pirate/empire your explorer don't explore these system anymore since they are flaged as explored.
At this way several things on planets stay uninvestigate. If the beacon are at one of these planets it can happen the Shakturi never get a signal and never appear.
Tehlongone

Post by Tehlongone »

I wish it was possible to make them arrive early, I've only ever seen them in well-developed galaxies where the only reason I wasn't controlling the entire thing was because I'd held back a lot.

Also it only happens if I never agree to anything more than trade pacts, because if I get any maps I don't seem to find them.
RedArrow91

Post by RedArrow91 »

So..now i have to manually check every planet for a beacon ?
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

ORIGINAL: RedArrow91

Hello.

I'm playing right now on 6x6 100-stars galaxy and i have explored whole galaxy.

but i have only warning from guardians and no more data cores or anything else.

Is this a bug or Shakturi will arrive someday ?

Please answer me :)

How many races are in your game? With only 100 stars, I'm wondering if there is enough 'room' in the game for them? Not sure on this though... Perhaps try more stars in your game??

Also, as mentioned already, the galaxy needs to be at a certain maturity level before you'll see the Shakturi show up. If they show up too early, most/all races in the game will succumb to their strength. I was about 50 games years in my last YouTube LP before they showed up. I think this is about standard if memory serves... (may vary depending on how expensive you've setup the tech in game setup)

Tehlongone

Post by Tehlongone »

I think a star is created for them, same as for the Mechanoids on a pre-warp start (they'll get created a bit after the beginning).

As for checking every planet manually I think that'll be necessary for a guarantee for their appearance if you've received a lot of maps. Aside from that they SHOULD appear once the entire galaxy has most techs, but I've never seen that myself.
RedArrow91

Post by RedArrow91 »

I checked every planet with ruins and there is no beacon that will trigger shakturi arrival ;/

Where is the problem?

Also. i have discovered galactic datacores but they was created on the go.
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

Might the Shakturi already be there in their disguised form, and you just haven't hit the trigger to awaken them?

I haven't played with the Shakturi turned on in something like a year as I hate the Ancient Guardians starting on my doorstep all the time.
Osito

Post by Osito »

You're lucky the Shakturi didn't arrive ... ;-)
Osito
elanaagain

Post by elanaagain »

I think the level of tech in the galaxy *also* has to reach a certain level before the Shakturi reveal them selves. They may already be in your game in their 'disguised' form.
USA = Corporatist Serfdom of America: free range surf technology
Fenrisfil

Post by Fenrisfil »

As I understand it all related story events need triggering, all messages from the Mechanoids need to be listened to, your tech level needs to reach a certain point and the galactic average tech level needs to reach a certain point. I've had them appear in a very crowded galaxy before, they couldn't find another planet to colonise and it seemed to make it difficult for them to launch their attack on the Mechanoids (mostly they just milled around near their home planet). Still, they did appear. They get a unique ruin on their home planet so it seems that their homeworld is scripted, so the state of the galactic colonisation shouldn't stop them.

Sometimes it does seem to take a really long time, but then I always play on a maximum size map with a lot of empires so I figured that was just my game setup.
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2ghz, 16gb ram, 64bit Windows 7, Radeon HD6900.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

Ideally I would like to see an option for the Shakturi to be triggered a lot earlier ... before you are ready to handle them.
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

ORIGINAL: Icemania

Ideally I would like to see an option for the Shakturi to be triggered a lot earlier ... before you are ready to handle them.

Yep, I would love this too. +1
Tehlongone

Post by Tehlongone »

Oh yes, I'd like if I could just have them arrive after a set amount of years regardless of galactic circumstances.

I've never seen them before well over a century has passed, I'd prefer they'd arrive after 50 years, especially if I start with a partially developed galaxy.
Mastik

Post by Mastik »

ORIGINAL: Icemania

I seem to have no problem spawning them before i am ready [X(]
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

I seem to have no problem spawning them before i am ready

I do. I always seem to get them when I'm at the end of the tech tree with 90% of the galaxy already conquered. Then its just a matter of swatting them like bugs. It would be interesting to have them as more of a threat.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

Completely agree Lucian.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

The biggest issue is the explorers on auto explore missed planet specials all the time.
Kayoz

Post by Kayoz »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

The biggest issue is the explorers on auto explore missed planet specials all the time.
Which Elliot claims to have fixed long ago... yet mysteriously continues to this day.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

An empire's explorer fleet seems to have some sort of check list of explored places and once a particular site is crossed off that list, the explorer never goes back again, leading to an end game situation where 50 explorers just sit idly forever once the galaxy is fully explored.

What would be really useful is some sort of global command to tell explorers to get out of "discovery mode" and get into "intelligence mode" (for want of a better term) where they just re-explore various places they have already been and update the galactic map with the latest findings.

A possible mechanism for this "intelligence" gathering behavior might be to get them to cross off all galactic sites a second time by re-exploring, and then a third...etc so that they never really finish, but continue to revisit every single site in the galaxy. That way, if they miss it once or even twice because of map trading, they will at least *eventually* get there. It would require very little extra game logic because the explorers would just be re-doing the exact same thing they did first time round except this time they would put a second tick against their check list......and then an third.... and so on.

This would not only solve the undiscovered Shakturi beacon problem, but also be very useful for updating the galactic strategic situation during both peace and war time.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”