supply black holes

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

steverodgers801

supply black holes

Post by steverodgers801 »

I am playing Iron Man, its November 42. I have a couple of cities; Shwebo, Merak and Madang; that refuse to be supplied. I have tried to increase the requirements manually, I make sure that there is plenty of supply near by, Batavia has 70k for example. Not sure what else to do. I have sent supply by sea to Merak, but it disappears eventually
Bullwinkle58

RE: supply black holes

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: steverodgers80

I am playing Iron Man, its November 42. I have a couple of cities; Shwebo, Merak and Madang; that refuse to be supplied. I have tried to increase the requirements manually, I make sure that there is plenty of supply near by, Batavia has 70k for example. Not sure what else to do. I have sent supply by sea to Merak, but it disappears eventually

In one of my games Shwebo (sp?) would not move off 20 supply for nearly five months, despite manipulation of the supply spinners and over 25,000 supply at Mandalay, with its spinners set low. I sent three LCUs there to try to draw, and even built a little infrastructure. Then one day it went to 420. I have no idea why. Sometimes you've just gotta take what you get and work with it.
The Moose
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

Has anybody noticed if version 'n' has made any differences?

BTW) One has to build up bases to get stuff to move. I use a paradigm of using transports to get initial supply and use that supply to get the airfields up to a level where at least 500 supplies move each supply pulse. Wash rinse repeat ...
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

Crackaces, how big an airfield do you need to get that kind of supply movement?
Created by the amazing Dixie
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

While recapturing Burma as Allies, some of the bases (max draw ***) is based on size of AF. Now, that I have Pegu from a size 1 (max draw 500) to size 8 (max draw 4000) daily, I can support operations there. Many of the bases in Burma, India/Burma border area, and western China have this restriction. You need to look at the base screen and check next to "Supply" to find out how much can be pulled into the base daily.

Don't forget how much you lose going across certain terrain. It wasn't until I captured Ramree Island and then Prome that I could get supplies to flow freely.
[center]Image[/center]
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

Has anybody noticed if version 'n' has made any differences?

BTW) One has to build up bases to get stuff to move. I use a paradigm of using transports to get initial supply and use that supply to get the airfields up to a level where at least 500 supplies move each supply pulse. Wash rinse repeat ...

In the first half of 1942 the transports you have are far more valuable elsewhere than Shwebo.
The Moose
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

While recapturing Burma as Allies, some of the bases (max draw ***) is based on size of AF. Now, that I have Pegu from a size 1 (max draw 500) to size 8 (max draw 4000) daily, I can support operations there. Many of the bases in Burma, India/Burma border area, and western China have this restriction. You need to look at the base screen and check next to "Supply" to find out how much can be pulled into the base daily.

Don't forget how much you lose going across certain terrain. It wasn't until I captured Ramree Island and then Prome that I could get supplies to flow freely.

From the Japanese perspective, I can't get any supply to flow along the rail/road/trail lines to any of the outlying bases at all to build any airfields. Very frustrating.
Created by the amazing Dixie

Return to “Tech Support”