Battle results

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

Ironclad

Battle results

Post by Ironclad »

I'm really enjoying CW2 which is interesting as I never got into AACW despite buying it twice! Probably the reason is that as a great fan of Forge of Freedom I never devoted enough time to learning AACW despite its great look, impressive historical detail and fine reviews. Even then I recognised that its battle mechanism was superior to the FOF equivalent when the latter was played without its superb tactical module (not permitted in pbem play).

The new battle screen is great - the larger size, extra details, ability to look at each round, great graphics and wealth of tooltips all contribute to a enjoyable experience and despite not seeing the action it gives a real feel for how each battle went. No doubt that will be even better when the very big battles start occurring and battle plans kick in - so far I'm up to March 62 with corps entry having just been reached.

One question: what do the little grids and numbers represent that appear next to the red hearts showing total hits near the top of the screen?

melvi

RE: Battle results

Post by melvi »

I think you are talking about the icon that represent the cohesion, total and cohesion "hits". Doesnt tooltip say anything about that when you move your curson over it?

Melvi.
Ironclad

RE: Battle results

Post by Ironclad »

Thanks. Tooltips don't appear for those which is why I asked. I understand the hearts represent cumulative hits so I take it that the grid numbers are cumulative cohesion losses.

Return to “Civil War II”