Night bombing

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Tuhhodge

Night bombing

Post by Tuhhodge »

In Robert Kershaw's book on Barbarossa he tells of many dawn bombing raids. Out of curiosity, I tried switching a few aircraft to night operations on a Turn 1 of the Campaign. I then tried a few airfield attacks. Absolutely useless. No damage to enemy aircraft. I then tried bombing ground units. Also no effect.

Is this because the crews aren't properly trained for night operations despite being switched to 'night'?

Is it because the aircraft aren't actually capable of night operations despite being eligible for night operations?

Is it because night bombing in 1941 was pretty much useless?

Or did I do something wrong?

Lastly, does anyone use night air operations? If so, when, for what, and why?

Cheers friends,

Tom

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”