Command Documentation

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

RoryAndersonCDT

Command Documentation

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Hi All,

I'm collecting snippets of wisdom from the forum and placing it all here: http://baloogancampaign.com/command-documentation/

Keyboard shortcuts:
http://baloogancampaign.com/command-doc ... shortcuts/

If you think anything else should be here please post!
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
RoryAndersonCDT

RE: Command Documentation

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
BKLANDIN

Post by BKLANDIN »

Hi Baloogan,

thanks for the links and the tutorials, I replay the tutorials several times a day.
I just enjoy this game so much, and with the contributions from people like you,
the game is pure pleasure. It rates from easy mode to hard core, all depending on the
style of play.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

RoryAndersonCDT

ORIGINAL: BKLANDIN

Hi Baloogan,

thanks for the links and the tutorials, I replay the tutorials several times a day.
I just enjoy this game so much, and with the contributions from people like you,
the game is pure pleasure. It rates from easy mode to hard core, all depending on the
style of play.
ORIGINAL: chemkid

@baloogan - your vids are great!! please continue!

cheers!
chem!

Cheers! Thanks guys!

Any specific topics you would like me to cover? The game's breadth is so wide that I certainly can't cover everything in one go!

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
mekjak

Post by mekjak »

Thanks in your part to your videos, I ended up deciding to buy the game! Having fun so far. I've been playing the Sea of Fire scenario (Falklands War), which has the player as Argentina trying to sink the HMS Coventry and/or the HMS Broadsword (DD and FF, respectively) with 2 Super Etendards and 6 A-4 Skyhawks. Historically, the Argentines got lucky and sank the Coventry with no loss. But it seems no matter what I do, my planes always get detected and shot down before they get into bomb range, and the Exocet missiles carried by the Etendards are always easily shot down too. I've had all my planes drop down to the deck and hug the coastline before burning in at full speed towards the ships, but still no luck. Have you or anyone else had success with this scenario? It's tiny and very short. Maybe I'm just not familiar with naval airstrike doctrine or something.
RoryAndersonCDT

Hey mekjak!

I've tried that mission a few times during the beta. The only way I could find to attack with minimal casualties was to do two important things:

Time the ASM strike to occur at same time as bomber package.
and
Time the strike to occur when the skunks are right beside the islands and use the islands to cover your skyhawk's approach from radar. Ideally the destroyers will attack the incomming ASM at long range at the same time as your approach.

It also requires luck [:D]

It is a very hard mission.

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Confirmed; this was designed to be one of the toughest scenarios in v1. (The Four Horsemen too, among others).
BKLANDIN

Post by BKLANDIN »

ORIGINAL: Baloogan

ORIGINAL: BKLANDIN

Hi Baloogan,

style of play.
ORIGINAL: chemkid

@baloogan - your vids are great!! please continue!

cheers!
chem!

Cheers! Thanks guys!

Any specific topics you would like me to cover? The game's breadth is so wide that I certainly can't cover everything in one go!

Hi Baloogan,
I just follow and try what you are playing at the moment. As far as requests I think the way you are currently
lining up you choices is fine for me. Thank you.

Return to “The War Room”