Gazala Line Strategies

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

william calhoun

Gazala Line Strategies

Post by william calhoun »

Playing the campaign I won a decisive victory on Gazala Line one time by doing a real strong sweep around the south. I went on to conquer India. That campaign however, I was given 4 SE units. Maybe I got lucky because I haven't been able to break past Gazala Line with a decisive victory a second time.

Gaining air superiority/supremacy has been my default approach. I found that 3 upgraded fighters in my core group along with an 88 flak up north near Gazala and two mobile flak units with my southern flanking force force usually works for gaining control of the air.

The problem is time. There is a lot of territory to cover to take all of the objectives. Except for the one game I haven't been able to sweep far south then go north, take Sidi Rezegh, Tobruk and the airfields, and then have enough time left to push back and take the objectives in the very center.

Having difficulties replicating the strong southern sweep, I opted to hold back two artillery, a pionere (to clear minefields and 1 Italian tank (or captured Matilda)to attack the center, and added i artillery to support the 88 flak at Gazala. That approach worked on the center, but I couldn't take Tobruk.

At this point I am interested in hearing other potential strategies.

My question is this: what are your best strategies for gaining a decisive win in the Gazala Line campaign scenario?

Thanks.
parusski

RE: Gazala Line Strategies

Post by parusski »

No solution from me, just agree with you that "time" is the issue. That and a lack of resources. I like the "what if" games. What if Hitler had sent one more corp to that theater? Use the cheat codes[8D] and add a oodles of tanks and fighters.[:D]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Return to “The War Room”