requests/question

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

pboiler

requests/question

Post by pboiler »

Have only played a few times and still learning but love the game so far.

Based on this initial experience, I have several feature requests. If there is a reason why the request isn't a good idea or if there is a good work around please let me know.

1- database info on sensors. getting info on weapons is great but sensor info seems necessary too

2- menu option and/or hot key to hide/show all range symbols and vectors

3- menu option and/or hot key to hide/show location info (i.e. coordinates, weather, time)

4- game option to show known groups in all situations primarily as their unit type + load out instead of squadron designation, i.e F-14A tomcat A/A instead of VF-111 Sundowners). or at least always include unit type info in addition to squadron designation.

5- option for certain different symbols similar in appearance to harpoon. with time I'll probably get used to the command symbols but would be easier for a ship symbol to look like a ship, an aircraft symbol to look like an aircraft, etc. same goes for helo, sub, missile, torpedo. would still need some way to differential a group, possibly circle around symbol. many others such as fixed installations don't need other symbol option.

6- on same topic as above- make weapons like missiles, torpedoes, etc a little smaller than the other symbols to make them easier to distinguish

7- menu option and/or hot key to hide/show plot

8- change location of on message log to bottom right of screen in area below doctrine &RoE. this is unused space and would be better than the current location where the log text obscures much of the map. I know you can move have message log in separate window in this location but color coded on screen log still would be better on bottom right of screen
Tomcat84

RE: requests/question

Post by Tomcat84 »

For number 5:

have you tried the Stylized icon pack?

available here:

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”