FAQ: Missing Prereqs: If command crashes everytime you launch try this.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

mikmykWS

FAQ: Missing Prereqs: If command crashes everytime you launch try this.

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi All,

If command will not launch and crashes at every launch it may be that your prerequisites were not installed.

To manually run the installers again go to this directory (if you installed by default)

C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\PreRequisites

Run dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64 and dotNetFx45_Full_setup to install .net

Then go to directx_mar2009_redist folder. Full path C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\PreRequisites\directx_mar2009_redist

and run DXSETUP.exe

You should probably reboot after.

Thanks!
sherlock1

RE: FAQ: Missing Prereqs: If command crashes everytime you launch try this.

Post by sherlock1 »

I followed your instructions and found that somehow in Windows 8 there is a screen with program icons. I clicked it on and the game worked. Its not the everyday windows screen. I do not like windows 8 and thankfully my desktop is windows 7. Thanks guys for all your help
SilentHunter

Post by SilentHunter »

i had that issue too, could never figure out how to get the windows 8 touch screen gui off, ended up unistalling ang going back to win 7 pro 64bit and never looked back.
NextBillionaire

Post by NextBillionaire »

Dear Warfaresims team:

After I installed Command, it will not launch and generated error messages every time. I tried the approach Mike and Erik suggested on Sept 24 - I ran dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64 to install .net and DXSETUP.exe, but I still ran into the same issues - a whole bunch of error messages, follow by a message claiming I don't have the latest version (even though I do because I also ran update). Please see attached.

Can you please help and provide a solution? I really want to play.

Thanks.

Attachments
CommandLa..rrorMsg.gif
CommandLa..rrorMsg.gif (826.02 KiB) Viewed 220 times
J Deng
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hello,

Can you please apply the v1.01 update and try this again?

Thanks!
Apocal

Post by Apocal »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Hello,

Can you please apply the v1.01 update and try this again?

Thanks!

Just updated to build 481 and game won't start. Build 480 worked fine.
Attachments
crashbug.jpg
crashbug.jpg (80.9 KiB) Viewed 247 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

If on steam you can find them here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\_CommonRedist

If matrix here:

C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\PreRequisites

Thanks!

Mike
DaveBo

Post by DaveBo »

I just paid eighty bucks for this game. Nice concept. Too bad it's plagued with random crashes every scenario I try to play. Yes, I ran all the prerequisites manually, yes my system exceeds the recommended specs. Can't post the screenie of the error message because I'm not HTML tag fluent. Something about "This might be a bug...out of memory...blah blah blah..very cryptic...

Might as well have taken the eighty and smoked it..
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: DaveBo

I just paid eighty bucks for this game. Nice concept. Too bad it's plagued with random crashes every scenario I try to play. Yes, I ran all the prerequisites manually, yes my system exceeds the recommended specs. Can't post the screenie of the error message because I'm not HTML tag fluent. Something about "This might be a bug...out of memory...blah blah blah..very cryptic...

Might as well have taken the eighty and smoked it..
Hello,

From your description the problem appears to be related to the sound-caused out-of-memory exception that has appeared in v1.06. We have a fix for this available in the upcoming v1.07 update, and as a temporary workaround we recommend disabling sound effects (through the "Game Options" window).

Can you please disable sound effects and let us know if this resolves the problem?

Thank you, and our apologies for the distress this problem has obviously caused you.
DaveBo

Post by DaveBo »

Hello Sunburn,
Thank you for your prompt reply. Please do not misunderstand me, "Command" is an excellent game and a terrific concept and I love it. It appears that the issue I was having is indeed sound related as I played the entire "Chumonchin Chan" scenario without one crash (sound disabled as per your instruction.)Although this does take away from the reality somewhat, the game is playable now.

Glad to hear that you are working on the issue and look forward to v1.07. Hope it is Steam downloadable. :-)

Return to “Tech Support”