Still necessary to burn games on DVD?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Lützow

Still necessary to burn games on DVD?

Post by Lützow »

Is it still necessary to store downloaded Matrix titles on DVD or does it meanwhile work as GG and GoG, where I can re-download at any time? I remember there had been some issues here in the past with Plimus outdated download links. Frankly, I neither like the hassle of burning nor want to bother customer service in the future for granting access to a purchased game.
JWW

RE: Still necessary to burn games on DVD?

Post by JWW »

I keep a copy of the installation file and serial number on an external hard drive, just in case. It seems a reasonable precaution, even if it might not be necessary. It is also a lot quicker than burning a CD or DVD.
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Yes and no.

You can get a download code on some games anytime from Plimus just by asking but the codes expire after 24-48 hours so each time you need to re-download you may need to ask. Then there are some games which are just always available for download. I'm not sure how they decide what's always available and whats not.
Terl

Post by Terl »

Best bet is to burn them to dvd and register them in member's section for updates and all.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Buying the disc (physical) version of the game is the safest bet...you can download quickly and then have a the physical disc arriving shortly after that!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
catwhoorg

Post by catwhoorg »

Upload any file to dropbox or similar cloud service.

Better than any DVD.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Best bet is to spend the extra 10 bucks and get both download and hard copies.

That way you don't have to search through 40 zillion badly labeled, look a like generic CDs and have a nice box with artwork to array on your bookshelf with all your other Matrix Games.

Also better than combing through a dozen flash drives.
Hans

aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Yeah I keep a copy on a 500mb external hard drive also. They are great for keeping backed up files cause they don't get much use, butt I still keep burnt copies as well just for protection and feel safe feeling. Matrix has a members page that the others are stored but that's one of those hands off things and I don't like not having control of my stuff. So, it's always best to backup stuff yourself. like you know the oild saying, ' don't put all your eggs in one basket"

Return to “General Discussion”