Game questions.

Ageod’s upcoming strategy game España: 1936 covers the entire Spanish Civil War from 1936-1939. With more than 200 regions, cities, roads, weapons factories, weather types, factions and sub-factions it is one of the few games to ever examine the period.
stormbringer3

Game questions.

Post by stormbringer3 »

I'm familar with the Athena game engine from ACW and other titles. It is stated that this title is derived from the RUS engine. I haven't played RUS. What would I notice that is different? Is this title using improvements made to the RUS engine made over the last couple of years? I read the AAR on the AGEOD forum and there was a little puzzlement that the AI didn't move the Nationalists more aggressively toward Madrid. I found the AI to be a little too aggressive in other titles. Any comments about the AI would be appreciated.
Thank you for any info.
Tamas

RE: Game questions.

Post by Tamas »

My first game during late beta (as the Republicans) saw what was basically a grand siege of Madrid, as a huge Nationalist stack kept coming at me relentlessly, with my army defending the city holding out to dear life. I lost a big portion of my Eastern coast in an effort to bolster the defences.
And yes, I had an other game where the Nationalist AI did not make a determined drive toward Madrid in the early stages, but that didn`t mean I had no troubles fighting it elsewhere. [:D] I think it depends on how it has to react to other happenings.

Leibst

Post by Leibst »

AI not always do the same. I've testing a lot with Athena and without any change she can be agressive or not.
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Thanks for the replies about the AI. Any thoughts about what the RUS engine brings to the table? Also, another question. ACW was patched for years after release. RUS had 1.06a released November 2012 and a hotfix in 2013, but nothing since that I could find. What kind of long term support is envisioned for this title?
Thank you.
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Looking at the screenshot for the War Ministry and it appears to be very difficult to read the values for the replacement chits. Is the red on black adjustable in any way? If not are there any plans to adjust it for older eyes?

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I'm half-blind Sarge, but I find the RUS engine and UI quite sharp compared to the "new and improved" UI in ACW2. I've played all the Ageod games and RUS and AJE are my faves by far - for what that is worth [;)]

If you get it, let us know what the gameplay is like!
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Thanks! I'll be picking it up, the SCW is a fresh and welcomed topic for the wargaming genre.
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

ORIGINAL: OldSarge

Looking at the screenshot for the War Ministry and it appears to be very difficult to read the values for the replacement chits. Is the red on black adjustable in any way? If not are there any plans to adjust it for older eyes?

O/T...your avatar reminds me of my USAREUR-Campbell Barracks (Heidelberg, Germany) days in 1972-73.

Back on topic, AGEOD game fonts can be a challenge for old eyes. My interim solution has been increasingly more powerful reading glasses.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I should have added to check this thread - a few issues you should know. Of course, RUS performs flawlessly, if you don't have that one yet.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... SCW-owners

OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

OldSpec4:
You got it! I was actually out at Tompkins barracks, the good old days! [8D]
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Thanks, I haven't picked up RUS yet, but it is on my list. I picked up CWII when it was released and, like you, I'm playing AJE. If there were only more days in the week!
Symple

Post by Symple »

As I typically do not play against AI, whether is is aggressive or not is never an issue for me. But when I first played I found AI as aggressive and a live opponent.

Return to “España: 1936”