[WAD] Grouping bug?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Baskaatje

[WAD] Grouping bug?

Post by Baskaatje »

My F-14's, returning to base on an RTB order, were grouped by me but the airfield was also included in the group and now it is moving with the F-14's at a speed of 415 knots at a course of 125 degrees! Very nice to have a mobile airfield ;-)

Attachments
ScreenHunt..0210.26.jpg
ScreenHunt..0210.26.jpg (64.36 KiB) Viewed 77 times
He who complains about the cost of knowledge, should look at the price of stupidity!
aluminumx

RE: Grouping bug?

Post by aluminumx »

Guess you don't need a carrier.
ExMachina

Post by ExMachina »

Guess you don't need a carrier.

[:'(] [:)]

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

"Interesting"...

Which build are you running?
sluggy2010

Post by sluggy2010 »

Seem to have another grouping issue.

Create two Japanese subs add to a group, but afterwards and U or D don't ungroup, in fact nothing seems to ungroup them afterwards.

Version - Beta 1.01 RC build 438
Baskaatje

Post by Baskaatje »

It occured in build 438. Will see if it can be replicated when I start the scenario anew.
He who complains about the cost of knowledge, should look at the price of stupidity!
SilentHunter

Post by SilentHunter »

ORIGINAL: baskreuger

It occured in build 438. Will see if it can be replicated when I start the scenario anew.

I had this happen to me as well last night in the first air tutorial. Launches 6 f-14's and 2 support aircraft. After destroying the boogies I was going to rebase my f14's at the other airbase but it would not let me because the airbase was attached to the f14's. I did not get a chance to go back and see if it happened again but trying now. This was build 438

Edit * Tried the scenario two more times just the first part and could not get the airbase to attach to the fighter wing this time. It was the training airbase that was attached last night the actual airbase remained in place and although the training airbase remained in it's original position it lost all functionality to do anything.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Okay, finally figured out what is happening.

If you look carefully, you will notice that NAS Fallon itself is still in its original position. What has happened is that _the group's icon_ is now that of an airbase. This make sense: Only "pure" airgroups (aircraft and no other type) have the airgroup symbol displayed; in all other cases, the ship/sub/facility symbol takes precedence.

So no bug. NAS Fallon is firmly rooted on earth [:D]

Return to “Tech Support”