Unable to restart scenario.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

asdf12

Unable to restart scenario.

Post by asdf12 »

Deleted Advanced ASW Exercise.save and Autosave.scen. before re starting same scenario (Play Game/
Start New Game menu item).
Game restarts at last save position !? So how do I delete and restart without going back to the
last save ? [&:]
mikmykWS

RE: Unable to restart scenario.

Post by mikmykWS »

Did you overwrite the .scen file?

Mike
asdf12

Post by asdf12 »

Yes and I have the same situation reproduced in all the previous Tutorials i.e. scenario starts at
last placed saved. I have physically removed all save game occurences. I verified the Scenario file
location one last time and saw the Autosave.scen once again. the file I just deleted.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Okay when you play in editor mode its easy to overwrite your scenario files as the assumption is you're editing there. You know you're in editor mode when you see the editor drop down menu at the top of command. If you're going to save them please make you use save as instead of save. If you just want to play then I suggesting playing in game mode which writes your saves as .sav files. On the start menu play mode are two buttons at the top and editor mode is the two at the bottom.

In terms of file types.

.scen are files written in the scenario editor. .sav are files written in game mode. autosave.scen is an autosaved file that your computer generates periodically. It doesn't overwrite your existing game just itself.

I've attached a fresh copy of the ASW scenario. Go ahead and unzip this back to your scenarios/standalone directory.
Attachments
AdvancedA..se1979.zip
(48.5 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
asdf12

Post by asdf12 »

Thanks for the quick reply.I will try out your suggestions.

Return to “Tech Support”