Wide screen, am I doing this right?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

crsutton

Wide screen, am I doing this right?

Post by crsutton »

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" –px1680 –py1050

I thought I had it as I previously had but this is not working.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
witpqs

RE: Wide screen, am I doing this right?

Post by witpqs »

Not sure, but for comparison here is my command line that I use for windowed-mode wide screen. I have mine take up the entire width but not the entire height - I leave the Windows taskbar at the bottom open so I can more easily switch back and forth among AE / Tracker / Intel Monkey / etc. BTW I use various options you might not be interested in.

"C:\Matrix Games\WITP AE - PBM #1\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -cpu4 -dd_sw -archive -wd -pxf1920 -pyf1018 -noFire
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Not sure, but for comparison here is my command line that I use for windowed-mode wide screen. I have mine take up the entire width but not the entire height - I leave the Windows taskbar at the bottom open so I can more easily switch back and forth among AE / Tracker / Intel Monkey / etc. BTW I use various options you might not be interested in.

"C:\Matrix Games\WITP AE - PBM #1\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -cpu4 -dd_sw -archive -wd -pxf1920 -pyf1018 -noFire

What's the -nofire switch?
Uncivil Engineer

Post by Uncivil Engineer »

The dashes before px and py look different between the 2 examples shown. The long dashes that Chris is using don't work, as I've read elsewhere.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I believe that you just need to pick a resolution that's a standard monitor resolution, whether running in window mode or not. Other "custom" resolutions won't work. E.g., 1280x768 works, but 1000x600 would not.

1680x1050 is a standard size, but if it's not working... You could try adding a -w switch while keeping the -px1680 -py1050, basically running it in full-screen windowed mode. Your taskbar would probably get in the way of the bottom of the screen, though.

If you aren't running this in window mode (is that your full command line above?), then removing the -px and -py from your switches should cause it to run at your display's resolution, right?
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

ORIGINAL: Uncivil Engineer

The dashes before px and py look different between the 2 examples shown. The long dashes that Chris is using don't work, as I've read elsewhere.
What the Engineer said. It is the short dashes you need. Copy and past the commands from the readme file and it should give you the short dashes.

The -nofire turns off the gun flashes, depth charges going off, torpedoes hitting, and the damage smoke. It speeds up the resolution of the combat animations if your opponent wants them and you don't. I find the animation to be boring and delaying the results of the battle, which is what I want to know about. I can read the reports like any other theater commander.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

What the Engineer said. It is the short dashes you need. Copy and past the commands from the readme file and it should give you the short dashes.

The -nofire turns off the gun flashes, depth charges going off, torpedoes hitting, and the damage smoke. It speeds up the resolution of the combat animations if your opponent wants them and you don't. I find the animation to be boring and delaying the results of the battle, which is what I want to know about. I can read the reports like any other theater commander.
Plus, on my system (with just the basic graphics processor built in to the cpu) those parts of the animations make part of the right-hand portion of the screen jump. Getting rid of them makes the animations watchable for what I do want to see.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: witpqs
ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Plus, on my system (with just the basic graphics processor built in to the cpu) those parts of the animations make part of the right-hand portion of the screen jump. Getting rid of them makes the animations watchable for what I do want to see.

So that's why the right half of my replay on my work computer lags behind by a couple of frames sometimes.
GenChaos33

Post by GenChaos33 »

Is the -nofire switch in an official patch? or a beta patch? This is the first I'm hearing of it.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: GeneralChaos

Is the -nofire switch in an official patch? or a beta patch? This is the first I'm hearing of it.
It's been around for a long time, but I'm not sure if it is documented.

Return to “Tech Support”