[FIXED B483] CMANO fails to start repeatedly AFTER prereq install

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Zook17

[FIXED B483] CMANO fails to start repeatedly AFTER prereq install

Post by Zook17 »

As I can't fill in a help ticket (text box doesn't work) I am posting this here.

After install, including update of .net and DX, CMANO worked once. The next time I tried to use it was non-functional at start. The autorun is non-functional - the "play" button results in nothing, but the manual and update functions do launch.

I updated Windows .net through Windows Update. Following that CMANO continued to fail to launch. I reinstalled the prereqs again and got the executable to launch once, but since that time 24 hours ago have been unable to launch the program either through the autorun or the executable.

This problem has persisted across several restarts.

Grateful some help on this as right now I have a completely unusable $90 hard drive filler. I've attached a DXDIAG file for reference.

Thanks,

David
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(31.83 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Renato

RE: CMANO fails to start repeatedly AFTER prereq install

Post by Renato »

I too have this problem now and then, but was not able to understand why.
Sometimes it works well,sometimes not, even if I restart the computer.
msc

Post by msc »

I have the same problems, quite often. It always occurs after the game was crashing.
Then Command will Not start properly, there is just the picture of the warship and nothing more happens. It seems that a window is flashing up for very short duration, but I cant read it or get a screenshot.
Then I have to Abort the process and try again, sometimes two or three times. Sometimes I have to restart my computer.
Also tried to reinstall the prerequ. One Time that helped, another Time not. But on the next Day the Game was Running again.

Perhaps somebody can Take a Look at this? It is very annoying.
CptHowdy

Post by CptHowdy »

I get this as well and it has no rhyme or reason. use the desktop icon, my play window comes up, I hit play, picture of ship appears and then nothing! I shut it down in task manager and try again. sometimes it takes 2-3 tries sometimes it works the first time around. have the latest directx and .net 4.5 and I don't reboot.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Have you tried the new v1.01 update yet? If not, please give that a try first and see if it makes any difference, then we can troubleshoot further.

http://matrixgames.com/products/483/downloads/
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
CptHowdy

Post by CptHowdy »

used latest update build 442. took me 3 tries to launch using desktop shortcut. I have command.exe and autorun.exe both set to run program as administrator. sometimes works on first try sometimes takes 2-3 [&:]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

How long are you waiting after you ask it to launch? The load time can be long on some systems. If you click the Play link once and then wait a minute or two, does it eventually load?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
CptHowdy

Post by CptHowdy »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

How long are you waiting after you ask it to launch? The load time can be long on some systems. If you click the Play link once and then wait a minute or two, does it eventually load?
pretty sure I never wait for more than a minute before shutting it down. just tried it and game booted up in less than 30 seconds. a typical time I always expect. hehe sometimes on first try, sometimes not. will give it more time in the future if it seems to be taking longer than usual. thanks.
CptHowdy

Post by CptHowdy »

no joy. started program at 2:10 est. went to pick up daughter from school. now home at 2:34 and still staring at pic of ship firing missile [:'(] will have to shut down in task manager and try again.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

What kind of anti-virus/security software do you have running, if any? Could you try disabling it temporarily to see if it is interfering?

Are you running as Administrator?

Just to confirm, did you try manually installing the exact DirectX and .NET from the game prereqs folder?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
CptHowdy

Post by CptHowdy »

What kind of anti-virus/security software do you have running, if any? Could you try disabling it temporarily to see if it is interfering?

Are you running as Administrator?

Just to confirm, did you try manually installing the exact DirectX and .NET from the game prereqs folder?

Regards,

- Erik
using avira, running as admin, have latest directx and .net
prereq folder originally only had .net4.0 I went and got 4.5 and installed that on my own. I now notice the prereq folder has 4.5 as well. I will disable avira or add an exception and see if that helps. thanks.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi CptHowdy,

Could you manually run the Dxsetup.exe in the Prereq folder as well please?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
CptHowdy

Post by CptHowdy »

Hi CptHowdy,

Could you manually run the Dxsetup.exe in the Prereq folder as well please?

Regards,

- Erik
will run both from folder again. thanks.
CptHowdy

Post by CptHowdy »

ran both and rebooted system. i have started game 3 times from the shortcut and have had no problems. sometimes are quicker than others but the game has started in less than 45 seconds each time. i did not mess with the anti virus yet. will see if just the re-installs solved the problem. thanks.
msc

Post by msc »

Did the problems dissapear with the update v1.01?
I still have the Same problems, Most Times i have to restart the computer otherwise ist does Not work.
Renato

Post by Renato »

I use AVG 2014 free as anti-virus software.

I have performed a full scanning of my computer and no file seems suspected, in wich case I would have been able to authorize them manually.

I'm always running as Administrator.

Another possible source of interference might be STEAM, but before running CMANO, I always wait a long time to allow it to complete its mysterious activities.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Guys, any update on this?
Renato

Post by Renato »

No news, good news; up to now!
Zook17

Post by Zook17 »

Nope, after applying 1.01 and letting it update the prereqs still does not start, including "Run as Administrator". It just hangs at the splash screen. I suspect that Windows Update updates to the .Net framework are messing with it. I'd like to not have to rollback to whatever is required in the CMANO packaged prereqs every time Windows updates.
Renato

Post by Renato »

I had to rerun dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64 and DXSETUP.exe to start CMANO.

Apparently CMANO keeps open some files of DXSETUP even if interrupted by the activity manager.

I think this is a serious inconvenience which greatly reduces the pleasure of this game.

Hope you can fix it.

Return to “Tech Support”