Sub simultanously fires more torps than tubes

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

MaB1708

Sub simultanously fires more torps than tubes

Post by MaB1708 »

Sub tutorial: I find the Han class, I assign 10 torpedoes to it (first I thought, a bug, but apparently I can assign torpedoes from magazines too. They will be fired after having been loaded) and started the attack. To my surprise 5 fishes left my North Carolina and went after the intruder. I might be wrong, but 4 torpedo tubes should only allow for 4 parallel launches, no? What am I not seing?
MaB1708

RE: Sub simultanously fires more torps than tubes

Post by MaB1708 »

On second thought:

I had realized in same scenario that weapon reloads happen in part instantly, I changed the loadout in the "Weapons" box and immediately the new weapon was available. Other reloads take a reasonable amount of time. In case this is directed my a random duration there should be a minimum delay for reloads, me thinks. If weapons in some cases reload click! just like that the fifth torpedo might have been a reloaded one that was sent with the others almost w/o any significant delay. Strange.

MaB1708

Post by MaB1708 »

Will devs and team review every post? I have some on deviant behaviour I have seen in the sim, but with all the posts showing up its easily on page 2,3,4, by monday.

Any need to send a consolidated mail with all the thread links to one of you?

Anyway, this thread here pls move it to the Tech support section.

Cheers,

Martin
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi Martin

We got it. It is a lot but we had some practice with the beta teams.

Have added this as an item we need to look at. Thanks for the click through

Mike
MaB1708

Post by MaB1708 »

I am more and more convinced that it is not an issue with more torps than tubes but the almost instant reload that gives the impression.
This thread might be closed, while discussion seems to be here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3449644

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”