Way to move entire Group?

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

KenPortner

Way to move entire Group?

Post by KenPortner »

Is there a way to move all units in a hex at the same time or do you have to click for each?

Also,is there a better set of instructions somewhere that applies to the game with the recent patch? The tutorial instructions seem keyed to an earlier version. Thanks.
Falcon1

RE: Way to move entire Group?

Post by Falcon1 »

Hi I've also just started with this game. I noticed there is a file in the root directory of the game called "whatsnew.doc" and it gives a lot of information about changes in the 3.4 version. Not sure if this is all there is or not.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Welcome in new guys !!

About the moving stacks, I must be misunderstanding your question because whenever I tell a selected unit from a stack to move I get this pop-up:

Attachments
jpeg23.jpg
jpeg23.jpg (19.05 KiB) Viewed 108 times
KenPortner

Post by KenPortner »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Welcome in new guys !!

About the moving stacks, I must be misunderstanding your question because whenever I tell a selected unit from a stack to move I get this pop-up:

Hmm. I'm not getting that pop-up window, regardless of whether I left click or right click on the stack. Oh we'll. guess I'll just keep exploring. Thanks for the answers!
Shazman

Post by Shazman »

Top menu bar under Player Options/Menu Show Delay. I believe this is the one you need. Try to reduce this to 1 or zero. Then you get the options you need. You need to play around with all these so you know what they do so you can tailor them to fit your needs.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Portner

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Welcome in new guys !!

Hmm. I'm not getting that pop-up window, regardless of whether I left click or right click on the stack. Oh we'll. guess I'll just keep exploring. Thanks for the answers!
Simple reason... change to the classic default settings, e.g.:

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
catsSmall.jpg
catsSmall.jpg (26.32 KiB) Viewed 108 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Martin_Goliath

Post by Martin_Goliath »

Make sure you have switched to 'advanced rules' too.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: Shazman

Top menu bar under Player Options/Menu Show Delay. I believe this is the
one you need. Try to reduce this to 1 or zero. Then you get the options you need. You need to play around with all these so you know what they do so you can tailor them to fit your needs.

This is the correct way. When you are in a scenario there is a menu bar at the top. Click on the one that says "Play". You will get a menu. One of the menu items is "Player Options". This is the one you want. When you click on that you get a menu. The menu item you want is the one called "Menu Show Delay". Set it to one.

Now when you play a scenario and you want to move a stack just decide where you want to move the stack and right click at that hex. You will get the menu that is in sPzAbt653's post.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”