command.ini

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

mattpenfold

command.ini

Post by mattpenfold »

Looking in the command.ini I see there is an option for RunCoreMultithreaded which is set to False by default. However in the Option menu in the game the RunCoreMultithreaded option is ticked and greyed out.

Does changing the option in the ini file have any effect, or will the game automatically make use of a multi-core CPU if you have one ?
JRyan

RE: command.ini

Post by JRyan »

I think that will be enabled in the near future. I am not positive but I think it does nothing at this time.
But By Grace Go I.......
ronl

Post by ronl »

Any answer on this yet?
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

I think jryan is correct I vaguely remember another thread asking the same thing.
AKA - Smudge
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Yes, the game engine uses multiple cores automatically.
I1066

Post by I1066 »

I have a i7-X980 CPU with 6 cores with 2 threads per core for a total of 12(!) execution threads! My computer also have 24 GB DDR3-1066 Memory (Bandwidth 25.6 GB/s)

And when I run the game it reaches a CPU load of about 20%, and that is after running a long time when everything is really, really slow (unplayable)!

So if there is any kind of async patterns or multi threading going on, than it needs to be improved...a lot!
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hello,

Can you please provide us some details on the conditions of your speed problem so that we can investigate it:
1) Model of the hard disk you have installed Command on
2) Scenario in which you are experiencing the slowdown (if you could post a save file of the situation where the slowdown occurs, it would be great)
3) Which Command build you are using (v1.00 is Build 429, v1.01 is Build 442 and the current public build is B451)

Thanks in advance!
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

One more thing: Can you please check the option "Show diagnostics" on the game options and tell us what "Pulse Time" values you are getting when the game slows down.

Thanks!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”