Playtesting RA 6.0

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

buutsy

RE: Japanese Change Log

Post by buutsy »

Maybe it´s me doing something wrong [X(],
but i´m missing some more ART like G8N1, some other japanese Planes
and the new japanese Carriers
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Go over to the RA site at the bottom of my Post and click the hot link. Once at the RA Site then go to art and you'll find the air art and additional ships right there.

If that doesn't work, I need to know.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

I'm not sure that Charlotte is fine if you haven't changed it. I am at work now, but when I looked at it this morning it was not really fine.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

It has one upgrade from the beginning of the war. When it upgrades (mid-42) then that is it. Am I missing something? Michael--Take a look.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Am now eating humble pie. It DID have an issue. There are TWO upgrades for the wessel: 8/42 and then 10/43 (except it was written as 8/42). STUPID. Fixed. Thanks guys...

buutsy

Post by buutsy »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Go over to the RA site at the bottom of my Post and click the hot link. Once at the RA Site then go to art and you'll find the air art and additional ships right there.

Yep, worked ! [:)]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: buutsy

Yep, worked ! [:)]

This goes for anyone playing RA. Make sure you go to the site and download the other ship and aircraft art over there. Will get the French Art and have it in a folder once it arrives.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

1EyedJacks asked me how does one change the amount of replacement squads a country gets? Since I've never dinked around with that, I thought I would just toss it out. How does one do this? Example: If I wanted to raise how many replacement squads China can get in a month, how would that be done?

Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

There is a build rate box for each device.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
thinman

Post by thinman »

Air Group Slot 677 "Shokatsu-1" at start with no location - old stuff from older version
Air Group Slot 681 "Agano-1" with no location (old stuff and it should not appear)

Kongo Class aircraft capacity is 3, but in all 4 air groups (Slot 608 - 611) there are a maximum of 4 aircrafts

There is the CVE "Taiyo" (ship class 1865), but there is no definied ship class for "Unyo" #025 and "Chuyo" #026 (both are linked to the undefined ship class slot 1868). So only the next CVE "Shinyo" will be arrive in 1943.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood

Sherwood: Yaaaa...are you saying in the devices? I've looked there but no numbers are present for building...

THINMAN: Where the heck were you when I called for playtesters???!!!

The two air groups won't appear due to the ships no longer existing. Same can be said for pair of CVEs. The player now has the OPTION to convert large APs into CVEs if they so desire. Real trade-off since the APs to be converted are all fast, big liners. LOVE choices!

thinman

Post by thinman »

THINMAN: Where the heck were you when I called for playtesters???!!!

playing RA 5.5 [&o]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Just about made me spew my tea!

Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

Change the number in this box.

Attachments
device.jpg
device.jpg (369.37 KiB) Viewed 76 times
Symon

Post by Symon »

!EyedJacks asked me how does one change the amount of replacement squads a country gets? Since I've never dinked around with that, I thought I would just toss it out. How does one do this? Example: If I wanted to raise how many replacement squads China can get in a month, how would that be done?
ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood
Yes, and No. It depends.

Allies: Yep, set Can Build = Yes and put the monthly rate in the Build Rate field.

Japan: There's two ways, depending.

Production = On: Japan gets all her devices based on production points. It's in the manual somewhere what it takes for Squads, Guns, AFVs, Vehicles, etc.. Pretty sure Squads is 'chunk' of "Manpower" and a 'chunk' of "Industry" (think it's LI) and maybe a 'chunk' of supply, from the Pools. So Japan can make as many as they want, but it consumes certain "Pool" resources for each. You got the "makin's" you get the Squads (and/or other stuff).

Production = Off: Not many people use this, but if they do, Japan can't "produce" devices, so the Can Build = Yes and the monthly Build Rate is the back-up method. If you enter things in those fields, for Japan, they don't do anything unless the Production switch is 'Off'. The default is the production system.

Hope this wasn't more than you wanted to know [8D]

[ed] Reason so many IJ Build Rate fields are empty is because we never thought anyone would play Japan without 'production', so nobody wanted to expend the man-months to calculate the alternative. The AI does what it pleases anyway, so it's a kinda 'nice thing' but wtfo? Was I you, I would just ignore the build boxes for Japan and go with the 'production' system for replacement/new builds.

Ciao JWE
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Wow. That answers that. Makes a bunch of sense now...

THANKS!

RA Players: We'll be set when I get home from work.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Michael and I chatted for a while today and I wanted to make public an addition I've been thinking a lot about. We're going to let the Dutch survive a bit longer:

1. Pilots will continue to trickle into the Dutch AF at a rate of 5/month through all of 1942. It isn't much but it FAR MORE then historical.
2. I extended aircraft production for the Dutch with the following planes: P-40, Hurricane, B-25, and Catalina. Most will run now until August 1942 (instead of March 42) and the PBY will go through all of 1943.

Your Dutch CAN live on through 1942...

buutsy

Post by buutsy »

Great!Better chance to train japanese pilots (exp) [:D]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Bet yo' momma sweet bippy on that!

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

GAMEPLAN: I have everyone's email from sending the original files to. Will resend tomorrow morning. You will get the French Artwork and the new scenario files.

Any other spotted issues/problems had better be found NOW because I AM DONE WORKING ON THIS Dec 7th version of the Mod!

That does not mean, however, that I am NOT DONE working on an April/May 42 start for RA....

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”