What are you working on?

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Der Zeitgeist

What are you working on?

Post by Der Zeitgeist »

Well, I didn't even have time to check out more than a few things in CMANO, but with the new facility database, some of the most annoying issues that always prevented me from building scenarios in Harpoon now seems almost gone. [:)]

This might be a good time to assemble a list of potential scenarios that people may be interested in or are even already working on.

The first larger things I plan to do are adaptions or additions to the old DB2000 "WW3 in 1985" Battleset by Ragnar. I always liked the extensive scenario descriptions in there and the story they told about what happened in other areas not covered by the battleset.

I already collected a few sources, links to OOBs etc. about a Baltic scenario in that timeframe, and that might be the one I plan to build during the winter. It would depict an amphibious landing of the WP Unified Baltic Fleets on the island of Sjælland, Denmark, and the efforts of German and Danish forces to stop it and prevent a breakout through the Kattegat and Skagerrak. It would make extensive use of the new mining and demining functions and could also include Sweden as a neutral power that could act as a sort of covert ally to the NATO side, sharing sensor data or even airfields (if the engine allows that).

So, what are you planning to do on the upcoming winter evenings? [:)]
Primarchx

RE: What are you working on?

Post by Primarchx »

The next one for me is based on the Phuc Yen airfield raid on 24 Oct 1967. Still waiting for a DB update before proceeding.

There are other irons in the fire, too. [;)]
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I am working on Harpoon's old Dawn Patrol to use as a tool to learn the editor. That was the first Harpoon scenario I ever played.
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

I've got a bit of a surprise in store !
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
OldPascas

Post by OldPascas »

Adding Images to the database :D
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Pretty far along on a Taiwan vs China air to air DCA scenario. Have some other ideas but not fleshed out yet
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

Hacking the database to add an APY-1 in a really crazy arc to my "F-14A Tomcat ALE".

Good job Command folks, hate to say it but really nice work.

Attachments
F14Mod.jpg
F14Mod.jpg (405.36 KiB) Viewed 499 times
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
22sec

Post by 22sec »

I'm still really trying to grasp what we potentially have given the import/export feature and event engine. Amazing possibilities for scenario designers.
Flashpoint Campaigns Contributor
https://twitter.com/22sec2
Stilletto

Post by Stilletto »

ORIGINAL: Der Zeitgeist

Well, I didn't even have time to check out more than a few things in CMANO, but with the new facility database, some of the most annoying issues that always prevented me from building scenarios in Harpoon now seems almost gone. [:)]

This might be a good time to assemble a list of potential scenarios that people may be interested in or are even already working on.

The first larger things I plan to do are adaptions or additions to the old DB2000 "WW3 in 1985" Battleset by Ragnar. I always liked the extensive scenario descriptions in there and the story they told about what happened in other areas not covered by the battleset.

I already collected a few sources, links to OOBs etc. about a Baltic scenario in that timeframe, and that might be the one I plan to build during the winter. It would depict an amphibious landing of the WP Unified Baltic Fleets on the island of Sjælland, Denmark, and the efforts of German and Danish forces to stop it and prevent a breakout through the Kattegat and Skagerrak. It would make extensive use of the new mining and demining functions and could also include Sweden as a neutral power that could act as a sort of covert ally to the NATO side, sharing sensor data or even airfields (if the engine allows that).

So, what are you planning to do on the upcoming winter evenings? [:)]

Every since I started following Command I have been dreaming of doing an Atlantic Convoy Crossing scenario with Iceland being controlled by the Soviets as in Red Storm Rising book by Tom Clancy.
When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

"Ms. Betty has sharp thorns, but underneath is a delicate flower." -ltfightr
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: TonyE

Hacking the database to add an APY-1 in a really crazy arc to my "F-14A Tomcat ALE".

Have fun with it Tony.

M
Paul Wykes

Post by Paul Wykes »

I`m planning on something set in the Caribbean, using some recent news events as inspiration. I think I`ve got a long way to go to get my head around the editor and what I want to do.
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

Several scenarios in the oven, in solo or with the CMANO PdL Design Team

- A couple of scenarios based on Russian-Georgian war 2008
- An scenario based on fishing conflict between Canada-Spain
- A conversion of Harpoon's Franco's Folly (with permission of Paul 'Sirius')

some AARs (sorry in Spanish)

http://www.puntadelanza.net/Foro/phpBB3 ... hp?t=15405

'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: TonyE

Thanks Tony, glad you like [8D]

Now try to make an Iranian AEGIS Boghammar... with SPY-1D radar (4 faces), VLS (4x 61-cell!), 4x illuminators and an AEGIS weapons datalink - all added through the scenario editor!

http://www.warfaresims.com/temp/aegisboghammar.jpg

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
EUBanana

Post by EUBanana »

I'm trying to put together a Falklands War scenario, something like the first week of April 1982, when the Argentine navy was looking to engage, and the British were looking to achieve naval superiority while waiting for their assault ships to arrive. The Argentines have 3 task forces, a submarine and about ~150 land based air but mostly on the mainland and far away. (Though there are a few on the Falklands).

I'm actually not entirely sure what the British had in the area at this point in time; certainly Hermes and Invincible but not sure what else. I might have to guess/infer.
At Ease

Post by At Ease »

I am doing a remake of the Iranian Hostage rescue attempt.This is going to be a real slugfest so better put on your gloves because everyone gonna get bloodied!lol
MaB1708

Post by MaB1708 »

Thats what I call good sportmanship, +1, Tony!

Cheers,

Martin
FireForEffect

Post by FireForEffect »

ORIGINAL: Meroka37

- An scenario based on fishing conflict between Canada-Spain

I would be very interested in a Turbot War scenario![:)]
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

I'd be interested in seeing that scenario.

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

I'm trying to put together a Falklands War scenario, something like the first week of April 1982, when the Argentine navy was looking to engage, and the British were looking to achieve naval superiority while waiting for their assault ships to arrive. The Argentines have 3 task forces, a submarine and about ~150 land based air but mostly on the mainland and far away. (Though there are a few on the Falklands).

I'm actually not entirely sure what the British had in the area at this point in time; certainly Hermes and Invincible but not sure what else. I might have to guess/infer.
AKA - Smudge
Molot

Post by Molot »

I am concentrating my efforts first on building a good current situation of the Venezuelan armed forces, with the hope of doing the same in Colombia and from their build a scenario of conflict between the two. Maybe spice things up with some limited US support to Colombia.
juanchopancho

Post by juanchopancho »

ORIGINAL: Molot

I am concentrating my efforts first on building a good current situation of the Venezuelan armed forces, with the hope of doing the same in Colombia and from their build a scenario of conflict between the two. Maybe spice things up with some limited US support to Colombia.

Yeah I would like to see that!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”